The annoying "AudioJungle" watermark on Elements tracks

I have a subscription to Envato Elements. When I look for sound effects, the “AudioJungle” watermark is very destructing and annoying. I understand why this watermark would be required on the regular audiojungle site. However, what is the point of using it on Envato Elements site with its unlimited downloads?

1 Like

Audio can still be browsed without having an account and the watermark will protect anyone from recording or ripping even snippets of the item

6 Likes

It’s very easy to detect if the page is viewed by a logged-in user. Why not play the version without watermark in that case?

The audio watermark is not a big deal when reviewing long music files, but for sound effects that are 1-10 seconds long, all I hear is “Audio Jungle” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would guess because:

1. this would require two versions to be uploaded and stored

2. regardless of the unlimited downloads - users still need to license each copy being used and the only way to do this is to force downloads by removing the risk of recording non watermarked versions as per the above.

You could try asking support but I don’t see things changing Envato Elements Help and Support

1 Like
  1. this would require two versions to be uploaded and stored

Which is already the case.

1. regardless of the unlimited downloads - users still need to license each copy being used and the only way to do this is to force downloads by removing the risk of recording non watermarked versions as per the above.

There is an option to download watermark-free version without a license:
Capture

1 Like

Point 1 - you are right

Pount 2 - license or not, envato will still know who has downloaded what, and also how many times and an item has been downloaded which impacts author earnings

1 Like

license or not, envato will still know who has downloaded what, and also how many times and an item has been downloaded which impacts author earnings

That’s right, but how is this relevant to my question? All I’m trying to say is that including audio watermark in sound effect previews for paying Envato Elements users is annoying, not user-friendly and completely unnecessary.

2 Likes

It’s relevant because they need to ensure that they can do everything possible to have people actively download items. This impacts everything from marketplace insight, to consumer trends and crucially author earnings.

It may only be a small % of people who capture the sounds rather than download but every time that happens reduces overall payouts to authors.

2 Likes

Let me see if I understand this reasoning. The concern is that as a paying customer, I would play a sound file and use some capture software to save it instead of just downloading the file (with or without a license). To prevent that from happening, Envato inserts an audio watermark thus also making it much more difficult to preview short sounds files. Yes, that makes sense.

1 Like

Ultimately I would imagine it is a combination of technical resource, protecting authors items, and improving insight for envato by encouraging downloads, BUT if you want more detailed and official feedback then it’s best to contact Envato Elements Help and Support.

1 Like

Yes, and it’s especially annoying while previewing dozens of files one after another. Whoever makes decisions at Envato should try that sometime. Next morning, when they wake up with “audiojungle” playing non-stop in their head, the problem would be addressed right away.

1 Like