Still not received US tax summary (1042-S) form

Can we know when we will receive the US tax summary (known as 1042-S) form? In previous years we received the form at the beginning of February.

In our country, the due date to declare and submit this form is March 31.

@BenLeong, can you please shed some light on this? Thanks!

They’re working on it:

1 Like

Hi @Laborator!

The 1099 tax summaries are currently going out to authors who receive these (hardcopies are in transit, and electronic versions will be released soon), and the1042 summaries will follow soon afterwards. You should have access to your electronic 1042-S forms by March 15 at the latest.

This Help Centre article has just been updated with more details on the current process:

Hi @BenLeong,

I am writing again to follow up on the 1042-S tax summary for 2023. We haven’t received it yet, and after checking the forums, we haven’t seen any reports of similar delays. Additionally, the Tax Summaries section only shows our 1042-S form from 2022.

On the Tax Information tab, we noticed a message stating, “Your tax information will expire on 1st January 2024. Please re-submit your form before expiry.” We have already resubmitted the W8-BEN-E form, but we’re still waiting for the 1042-S document, could this be the issue why we haven’t received the document yet?

This matter is particularly urgent as our tax year ends in March in our country, and we require all necessary documents for filing purposes.

We would appreciate it if you could let us know why we haven’t received it and provide an estimated timeframe for its arrival.

Thanks

Tags:
w8, w9, 1042-s, rwt, royal withholing tax, tax summary,

Hi @Laborator! I’ll speak to our Tax team, to find out the status of this year’s summaries.

I’ve received confirmation that the Form 1042-S summaries are currently being generated, and we’re still targeting March 15 for the release of these via Author dashboards.

@Laborator Our team has checked your details, and we have all the info we need from you - you will be able to download your electronic summary once they’re released.

Thanks @BenLeong, at this moment, we still haven’t received them, tomorrow is the last date.

Can we know when we will receive the US tax summary (known as 1042-S) form?

In this article it says that the final date to receive them is March 15, today is March 14 and we still haven’t received them.

Has any author received them? To check navigate to your Envato market account > Settings > Tax summaries.

Hi @Laborator, I believe from the previous year’s experience we (all Authors) will get the TAX summary within a short time (within next week). Ben mentioned March 15 as their target date, but it is not a deadline/final date.

Will Bishop from Envato support wrote us this email on March 15:

I have been assured these will be there within the next 24 hours.

Also, Envato states this message in this help article:

Your Form 1042 will be available on your dashboard by 15 March each year.

We still haven’t received that digital document.

Any news @BenLeong? We must declare TAX-es in our country the last date is March 30.

@Laborator I’m also waiting for an update on this, and will post here when I know more. There was a delay last Friday from the service provider who handles these - I’ve asked for an ETA on when the summaries will be published for authors.

They’ll be going on site as soon as we have all the documents, and you should definitely have them before the Mar 30 deadline in your country. I’ll update this thread when I have more information on when authors can download their 2023 Form 1042-S summaries.

@BenLeong any update?

Today is March 25 and the document is still not available. I really think that Envato doesn’t care about authors anymore.

Hi all.

We were able to get earlier access to the 1042-S summaries for authors who contacted us directly, due to local tax filing deadlines. These were published on Monday, after some delays in getting access to the individual summaries.

Our developers have just confirmed that all of the remaining Form 1042-S summaries have now been made available on Market. If you have one, you should be able to access yours via Author Tools > Tax Summaries on your Envato Market account, or via the following URL:

https://themeforest.net/user/USERNAME/tax_summaries

There have been several delays in getting this year’s tax summaries on site, and I’d like to apologise for the stress and inconvenience that this has caused - we’ve identified the reasons for the delays, and will be aiming to avoid these when publishing next year’s summaries.

2 Likes