Some thoughts for new authors or who wants to become an author

Hi all,

Exactly half of a year has passed since we approved our first theme and we sold 5000+ dollars. It was the biggest challenge for sure.

And I’m writing it for new authors to explain our process and the money we earned for this period. We have been approving our first theme (TheFutur) for 3 months, then we took 2 months of working on another project not related to ThemeForest, along the way we made support and updates for the theme. Next step we created our second theme, it took also 3 months, but here we made some respites. The second theme was easier to approve. Our category is Creative, which is the hardest one to approve (not sure, but elite authors told me these words), and there is too much competition. I advise choosing a narrow-focus niche.

In the end, we have 95 sales for TheFutur and 19 sales for Eternel, a totally of 114 sales and what we have earned is 2200$ :grimacing:
Yep, you should be ready that Envato takes more than half in the beginning.

What’s next we will try to approve another theme and see will our earnings grow much more or not. Right now there is not a big profit for sure, but we hope hard work pays off.

Nice, Keep it up!

1 Like