Soft Reject - Help please!

Hi, I received the following soft reject last week:

Your item does not provide the necessary design quality for this category. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality. While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

I’ve made some changes but I’m unsure whether I’ve made enough changes (can’t tell from the response if it needs a lot or just a few tweaks) so I’m reaching out for any help please!

Here is a link to the demo site that got reviewed: http://demo.rocketshipthemes.co.uk/confetti/demo-1

And I’ve attached a screenshot including my changes.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks!
Martin

Just fiy: your linked website doesn’t seem to feel so well.

It does not open.

Hmm not sure what’s happening there, just looking into it.

Any feedback on the attached image which is the updated design?

Image is attached by @rasmushoglund2 .

My feedback/opinion

1. Fourth section (Join us, Lets’ party etc) is a little to tight. Perhaps having three centered paragraphs is better?
  2. The “wavy” texture/pattern is a bit distracting. Maybe simple black/dark instead?
  3. Try and use only 2 fonts if possible (one for titles/numbers, one for paragraphs). I can’t tell you where I learnt this, I just know it’s an unwritten rule of design.
  4. Perhaps some more css on the rsvp-panel? Text-fields look a little 1990s with the hard inner shadow. Something nice I’ve seen is using #f9f9f9 inside textfields, with 1px border just a little bit darker. No shadow. Just a tip! :smile:

Besides these small things I really, really like it! Looks very romantic.

Thanks for your suggestions @rasmushoglund2 very much appreciated :smile:

The link to the reviewed demo is now working by the way.

Has anyone else had this feedback from the review team and if so did you have to make a lot of changes or does it mean just some final touches?

Thanks!

I updated my demo site and resubmitted with several changes and got another soft reject, this time with a little more detail:
“Please concentrate on improving typography, layout, and general styling”.

Does anyone have any pointers as to where I can improve these things? I’m feeling a little lost, maybe from looking at it too long haha.

http://demo.rocketshipthemes.co.uk/confetti/demo-1/

Cheers

Maybe this could be of help: https://goo.gl/gqg1On

Try to use two fonts. The typo. is beautiful but too many fonts you used.
Homepage is wrong. A client will not be able to change it so beautiful. Because you used an image over another image. Try doing sticky header if it is one page website. Preloader lightbox images is slow and ugly. Try to add a few more functions or yet some demos.
Good Luck !

Thanks for your help @frankypiccolo and @thezoc. I’m putting some of your suggestions into action now :smile:

Hey guys,

I’ve made some small changes to the design of the theme taking into consideration your suggestions, main things being:

• Overall typography, refined it and set sans serif for headings and serif for body text
  • Improvements to the RSVP form
  • Changes to gallery
  • General style changes such as the section headings

I still feel like I may need to improve the design, especially as the last soft reject mentioned typography, layout and styling.

I’ve attached an image of the updated design, the last design that was sent to review can be seen on the live demo here: http://demo.rocketshipthemes.co.uk/confetti/demo-1

How far off do you think this theme is?

Cheers

Just a few small things:

• you have an orphan photo in the photos section at the end
  • menu and logo are too close to the top edge, doesn’t breathe
  • the background image in the header is quite dark and seems sad for such a celebratory theme
  • RSVP form’s bottom margin is larger than top margin
  • photos and background images are sometimes light, sometimes dark, sometimes pastel-ish, it seems inconsistent to me
    You will get approved, just keep working on it! Good luck!
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Darinka, I’m working on fixing up those points now :thumbsup: