Sales almost stopped from last 4-5 days

MIGHT BE ??? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now it seems itā€™s the right time for an Envato Staff to come and say, ā€œhey itā€™s allright, sales are consistent, we watch it all closelyā€

Well, friendsā€¦

If good portfolios are not selling as much as they should be (despite the authorsā€™ promotional efforts), itā€™s not AUTHORSā€™ faultā€¦
Itā€™s ENVATOā€™s fault.
Simple.

What happened to ā€œYOU do the creative, WE do the restā€ thing?
It seems now authors do the creative, and authors are trying to do the rest, right?

Hey Envato, now authors are trying to do the REST, but when we promote our items with links to our own itemsā€™ pages, customers are seeing huge ELEMENTS banners.
Take your hands off from authorsā€™ itemsā€™ pages!

19 Likes

Yes lower always but exactly from 8 April they are stopped. From datas I can confirm is not the normal up / down average but a unique event. I donā€™t know the reasons but hope will comeback to normality soon.

1 Like

Yes, that phrase isnā€™t the case here anymore

1 Like

Strange, for us sales went down exactly from 1st of April. Maybe something happening in US right now that influences that activity? :slight_smile:

On our side sales were quite well last 3 to 4 weeks, but this week sales went down. For now, we presume upcoming holidays are in question, easter and after that we can expect a slight growth in sales but they May 1 comes.

For example, Germany is always at top 4 countries for us, this month they are not even among top 10. So there is definitely something going on.

But its far to early to say since last week was altogether good!

Regarding Avada, yea that sucks.

But keep in mind ā€œthe You be creative weā€™ll do the restā€ does not apply to Envato anymore. Their vision does not incorporate this kind of behavior. Envato is a private endeavor and their sole concern is about theme selfs and quarterly growth and if some parts have to be sacrificed so be it. Dreams will be crushed, lives can be hurt but well what can you do but try to endure.

The subtone of Envatoā€™s PR is ā€œsorry if you donā€™t like it, leave! Itā€™s our market!ā€

I feel sad for those authors that venture in this market now, with low investment budgets, itā€™s a pure luck factor.
Sadly we need to adapt or die, thatā€™s the cruel fact.

So establish a budget or time or bout, that will be allocated for marketing purposes. Sadly this kind of ventures cause damage and ill times, hopefully just for a certain time period. In the meantime, build your own community, mailing lists, client pool on Envato backs as they are building everything on our backs.

Hope that helps a bit.
Good luck to all!

Cheers

4 Likes

Look at the sales figure for the new WP items https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress
Mostly are at 0

3 Likes

Yes and the scariest thing is look at the prices

6 Likes

Is it picking up for you?

Looks like we will finish on 50% income this week compared to weekly average of last 2 years.
And this is all despite of a new theme released this week

This is also not bad (a new theme of course helped).

Iā€™ve got with 60 themes:

Fun fact
Your last sale was $39 8 days ago.

)))))

You do know that in many countries now it is the Easter, right? :slight_smile: So many people are just enjoying time with their family, they are not making websites and stuff :)? Just relax, learn something new, enjoy the holidays, prepare new items and trust Envato!

3 Likes

Incredibly positive :slight_smile:

Buddhist New Year & then Easter.
I see the dropdown in visitors as well, that obviously converts low sales!

Yesterday was the best day Iā€™ve ever had, at over 325% of my daily average salesā€¦ and Iā€™ve not uploaded anything new since January. I guess itā€™s just natural varianceā€¦ these things happen.

No offence but Everytime there is a thread about low sales you come with your lifeā€™s best sales days. This canā€™t be a coincidence but this market trend I See

1 Like

Just giving some perspective. Itā€™s all too easy for people to see a thread with 16 authors (0.04% of total authors) who are having poor sales, and assume thereā€™s some kind of worrying trend.

Itā€™s just as easy for somebody to have higher than normal sales than it is for people to have lower than normal sales. The only reason there arenā€™t many threads on the subject is that people who are doing well are off working, having fun and counting all their money. People who are having low sales are worried, and they want to know whyā€¦ so they go to the forums to see whatā€™s going on.

And Iā€™m pretty sure this is the first time Iā€™ve reported my best ever sales day. Iā€™m not making it upā€¦ what would be the benefit? I do chip in when Iā€™m having better than usual sales though, and on the rare occasion when Iā€™m having lower than normal sales as well. Likewise, it feels to me that every time there is a thread about low sales the usual suspects show up!

3 Likes

Its really strange to me. A top authors new item sell is still 0 from yesterday :unamused:

Here you go, thought this would make you feel betterā€¦

Worst two days of the month! Bloody Envatoā€¦ theyā€™re terrible.

Itā€™s Easter week so nobody is working. Relax friends and wait for next week working days!