Really badly coded websites ( Top List )

I as you guys may well be, am always on the internet. In fact nigh on 24/7 and always looking at innovative sites, sites that catch my eye and inevitably take a looksy at nigh on all sites src code.

It is somewhat amazing, at times to find seemingly top notch websites, with absolute “cringeable” formatting and bad coding practice.

One I was looking at earlier is for one of the biggest electrical wholesalers in Australia.

I was staggered when I viewed their src code… have you got a well known, or seemingly big site you know of that on src code inspection has so many fundamental errors and issues ?

Okay but are the visitors aware of that? I don’t think so, and I think that’s their point. I also think that it’s a big site because it’s secure: HTTPS. But I don’t know if it’s because I’m downloading a 13 GB file right now, but the website so so freakishly slow.

Crakken said

but the website so so freakishly slow.

It’s not that slow tbh. Another terrible Australian business website is MSY. Love their cheap prices, hate their website and hate how they don’t deliver. :frowning:

Crakken said

But I don’t know if it’s because I’m downloading a 13 GB file right now, but the website so so freakishly slow.

Horribly slow here as well. I feel like I’m downloading 13GB as well, except it is that website :wink: EDIT: Ah it’s done loading. Looks like a decent site, except for all the whitespace in the source. The source is just the result of some IDE that procudes code that’s hard to read in a plaintext editor, I guess?

SportTipsWorld said

Wow almost 20K lines of HTML. Just wow. No wonder it is slow!

thegoodguys not only loads terribly slow, it also makes me not being able to use any other tab opened in my Safari – just plain white and broken while it’s loading… and it’s not like my machine’s slow, I got that 27" iMac thingy.

Slower than a spastic turtle. Good guys are bad at coding. You’re doing it wrong.

wow that took ages for something so plain and boring. Was likely fully made in Dreamweaver automatically from Photoshop so you have 10mb of CSS etc…

useless.

Apologies I should have asked a MOD to slap a warning on right clicking that site to view src code !

LOL Madness huh !

Wow, That can be a Dreamweaver thing… I think thats a noob developer thinking if i put white space no one can see my code haha…

its in some sort of java as well. (Java Simple Plugin Framework)

aaranmcguire said

Ah, that’s probably why I didn’t crash then - got Java disabled by default :stuck_out_tongue:

Joost said

got Java disabled by default :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting – why, what kind of advantages does that have?

mazoor said
Joost said

got Java disabled by default :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting – why, what kind of advantages does that have?

Your browser doesn’t crash when you stumble upon another “Good Guys” website :smiley:

Joost said
aaranmcguire said

Ah, that’s probably why I didn’t crash then - got Java disabled by default :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure how the java websites work… but I think it is just server side processing with java and outputting the output in html… so instead of php its java … I THINK.

SportTipsWorld said

It is somewhat amazing, at times to find seemingly top notch websites, with absolute “cringeable” formatting and bad coding practice.

Well..i can tell you this, 80% of the major website you see globalize are not been code properly or a been optimize as to our standard as developer`s, it’s not a factor/issue for many.

Not every company has a developer team under their belt and on every pips they can do the change as most of them use 3 party dev not on a regular base ,the example you just show is totally normal and that is what the web represent today ,and frankly the ordinary user don’t notice the change, if user around the world where so worry about badly coded websites the first thing they will do first is stop using IE :stuck_out_tongue:

…sorry

Well, at least it’s tableless code :smiley:

Edit: 31 Javascripts :open_mouth:

It crashed firebug, clever web designers lol

aaranmcguire said
Joost said
aaranmcguire said

I’m not sure how the java websites work… but I think it is just server side processing with java and outputting the output in html… so instead of php its java … I THINK.

This is called Java Server Page (JSP). And I think that they modified their URLs so people can’t see that, maybe mod_rewrite.

tsafi said

…sorry

I keep reading and reading and reading your previous post and I can’t seem to find why you said sorry :confused: :smiley: