Quality standard required to move forward

Hello,
I sent an HTML/CSS item and I recieved this message
"Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Bakery - Best Bakery - Responsive HTML One Page Template” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again."
I want to know what is wrong in both (code and design) and how to get my first item be approved.
My demo link is http://bestbakery.000webhostapp.com/
Thanks

• Is far too basic for his category here

• the design does not, with respect, feel at all premium. Fundamentals including typography, spacing and hierarchy all need work

• needs far more features and functionality

• avoid crappy free hosts as they generate a very poor user experience and quite often will not even load the site in the envato iframe as/when.if approved

2 Likes

@charlie4282 Thanks for your reply please can you give me some examples about what you noticed in my website for typography, spacing and hierarchy.

http://le-cafe.cmsmasters.net/

The title fonts esp feel very outdated (even for this type of design) and lack definition in their styling.

The body content doesn’t really pair well with those title fonts either and feels a bit mechanical generally.

The body, testimonial, etc is all a bit too similar and just italic or different sizes rather than being specifically styled.

There’s several aspects where there is too much empty space e.g. What clients say. This makes it feel a bit unnatural and like simply a combination of pre-determined sections which in turn also detracts from any kind of hierarchy.

Again with respect, there were a few templates in this style in the past but not was quite some time ago and design fundamentals as well as item specs and expectation have moved on quite a way since.

1 Like

@charlie4282
Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful.
Could you advise me with links and videos that may help me to improve my design.