(!) Payoneer card and bank withdraw blocked (!)

Same for me! This is unacceptable guys! Such things started happens every 5-6 years, we work hard to earn our money on some high street bankers put our money at risk and lose them! These bankers are then fired with bonuses of millions of dollars ( our money).

Envato needs to include crypto payment and other methods like TransferWise .

It is also unacceptable that we waste 350 USD / year in SWIFT transfers and much more with PayPal and Payoneer conversion fees.

2 Likes
1 Like

My situation is same. Paypal doesn’t work in my country, and Envato banks can’t sent money via SWIFT to my country. I don’t know what we should do?

I’m talking about global powers. but you don’t know anything about it.

I think the best solution for Envato to payout for people who have only Payoneer as an option; is MoneyGram. Because it has many branches in every country, and people can receive their money.

or western union - something like check… anything to get cash.

1 Like

Any reply from Envato Staff?

1 Like

not yet :frowning:

Thanks.

I don’t have words to express how bad this is. Just think of all the people here at Envato using Payoneer and now, their/our money is gone? Their savings, money to feed their families… :sob:
I hope there is a solution for the next paypent tho.
Crazy times indeed

sorry for the edit, I am bit paranoid rn

I want to believe this

In regards to recent news reports about Wirecard, we can confirm that the funds stored on your Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard! Card are safe and secure. Your Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard!Card is an e-money product issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Limited, regulated in the United Kingdom by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), reference (900051). As an authorized e-money issuer, Wirecard Card Solutions Limited complies with the requirements of UK Electronic Money Regulations 2011, which are designed to ensure the safety of the funds stored on your card. Even in the unlikely event of insolvency of Wirecard Card Solutions Limited, the funds held on your card would remain secure as they are held in safeguarded accounts at regulated credit institutions in the EEA and designated as customer funds.

1 Like

I’ve got a news just now, which is there will no problem in your incoming payments as well as your freezed amount. Only the problem is you can’t do any thing with your card right now, also your incoming all payments will directly go to your bank account. That’s all, hopefully it will be fine, Due to weekend reason the outcome solution of this problem is little bit slow. No need to worry, let’s see what happens next. Although Payoneer is the biggest payment gateway, so they tensed much high than us, hopefully they will do the bypass plan soon. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MeGustaMusic

edit: I want to believe this

In regards to recent news reports about Wirecard, we can confirm that the funds stored on your Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard! Card are safe and secure. Your Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard!Card is an e-money product issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Limited, regulated in the United Kingdom by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), reference (900051). As an authorized e-money issuer, Wirecard Card Solutions Limited complies with the requirements of UK Electronic Money Regulations 2011, which are designed to ensure the safety of the funds stored on your card. Even in the unlikely event of insolvency of Wirecard Card Solutions Limited, the funds held on your card would remain secure as they are held in safeguarded accounts at regulated credit institutions in the EEA and designated as customer funds.

This was part of the statement issued on the 23rd which assures people that their money is “safe and secure” even in the “unlikely” event WCSL would file for insolvency. Fast forward 3 days and the cards aren’t functioning any longer. funds linked to cards are frozen and aren’t able to be withdrawn to bank account.

1 Like

Everyone is free to believe we just need to chill, drink a warm cup of jasmine tea, hope for the best and keep sending money into their Payoneer accounts from Envato and from other freelance projects. I pay my bills and my son’s food with that money so I’m sorry but I just won’t.

Facts are that right now we cannot access our funds through our cards nor withdraw them to our local banks (though they keep saying this is still possible). Payoneer had more than enough time to let us know in advance about the situation and just didn’t. Guess they were trying to prevent a bank run.

At this very moment I’m switching everything to PayPal ASAP, but it doesn’t makes up for the already available funds that are affected by the freeze.

I’m still quite shocked Envato hasn’t issued an official message about this with the end of the month around the corner.

5 Likes

yaap man, Reality is so hard like you :frowning: :cry: , but envato still not saying anything about this pandemic like thing…! ! !

1 Like

Done. Just switched my Envato payout account to PayPal and next monday I’m expecting a few payments from freelance works that were going to be processed through Payoneer and will now go into my recently reestablished PayPal account. I still don’t have the PayPal prepaid card so I’ll probably withdraw everything directly into my bank account. Will let you guys know about any significant fee differences and overall ease of the process.

One final note: Payoneer has been my go-to payment service for years and the user experience has always been top notch. My livelihood is at stake now so I can’t take any risks nor “wait” for things to eventually go back to normal but I really hope they do and remain working with them.

2 Likes

I think we should be all patient. Milion of Payoneer clients are in same situation, dont worry there will be a solution for it. Payoneer will find other partner very fast for new prepaid cards and this will be fixed, maybe we will have problem only in this 1-2 months and will be same like before

1 Like

SWIFT should be free above $500. The $35 would then apply under $500.

1 Like

Yes, money is safe…because you can’t get it, you can watch safely on them in your account.

Currently, it’s 65% that Payoneer will not return money. Why?

1. They saw that Wirecard German has problem, it was from 23 June. Many other companies asked their clients to withdraw funds from cards. What did make Payoneer? They made press release, that everything is ok, no need to worry, use as usuall

2. After FCA blocked all funds - they made another release. Now, it’s not so optimistic. Yes, funds are frozen, but no worry. WE BELIEVE that you will return them. As you see, now, it’s not 100%, they just believe

3. Now, they changed TOS and new agreement has clear notice, that Payoneer doesn’t protect your money. In any case of Wirecard problem, it’s only your problem, you can lose money.

According to other similar problems in past, with First of Choice bank, with Epayment and other, nobody returned money. So, I am prepared to lose money on card.

But questions is what to do with new payments from Envato. Envato staff like fish, nothing to hear from them when question is about money

2 Likes

I would say: right now, stay as far from Payoneer as possible. It would be fair that Envato allowed those authors who can’t access to Paypal because of their country of residence to cancel this month withdrawal and keep their earnings in their accounts, but I wouldn’t count on that at all.

Can you give a link to the recent change of terms of service?