Out of tone??????????

@SoniqBranding Yes. i have been watching the videos. I have reset Cubase but it has not resolved the issue. Regarding midi ox I tried to use it but I can’t.
I will now share the video.
Thanks guys, you are the best.

Well, now I also have to figure out how to capture cubase audio in addition to video. :rofl:
Meanwhile, if there is any kind soul, I offer to connect remotely with my Spanglish to see if we can find the solution.

Film with telephone, will be enough. If the problem persists, even after thrashing, you will need more than remote help to fix this.Is either your midi controller triggering random pitchbend messages, either some anomaly with your system components. If this happened just on kontakt, i would clean reinstall kontakt. If is a global thing, is definetely a hardware issues. ( your keyboard) So you need to borrow one in order to be sure. ( i suggest another quick test) Disable your midi controller. your m-audio. Use the mouse and draw some notes, make a quick song and observe the behaviour. Keyboard Off and unplugged from usb connector !! . )

“source issue” → “resource issue”,

@SoniqBranding Wow! the fact is that I have an old Kurzweil but it is pending repair (it does not even start). I’ll try unplugging the keyboard and creating a project without it. I have seen that underneath the expressiveness wheel there is some dirt. but I don’t know if it could be due to that. the video is on the way. Thanks again

As a curiosity I can also say that I have exported the project as midi and opened it in another version of the program and after assigning each library, the project continues to go out of tune. But if I start a project from scratch in the new version, everything seems to be fine

Your midi probably contains already the alterated information. Check the pitchbend on each midi track.

Here you have the project of discord! I hope it serves as a guide. I feel like in one of Woody Allen’s movies, in which Robbin Williams appears blurry and he keeps saying “I’m out of focus”
I do not lose the hope!

Can it be, that here’s only the piano affected from that detune?
And what are the the vertical strokes on the piano track?

It’s drifty, indeed. What version of cubase are you using?

Please watch this video. Observe where he activates the pitchbend editor. If you find any events there, you find your culprit. Especially on the piano track.

It’s about Cubase Elements 8. @Daydreamz-Studios I wish it was just the piano :sneezing_face:

@Daydreamz-Studios

The broad goes on the fields also :sweat_smile:

The midi configuration for what you comment, would it be here? This for example is the piano accompaniment track

Weird, i am seing just velocity and sustain.Click on the pitchbend and look along the project. Could be a bug. Check all the tracks… it seems that your only solution is to start the project again. This could be bugged. You said that you already imported the midi tracks into a new project and it hqve the same behviour.That means that the drift is already embedded in the track data.
Also. Press configuracion. Look for any parameter that might have some asterisk sign active.Check those too.

Yes. Really everything is very very strange.
So it’s not supposed to be a harward problem, right?
I do see some asterisks but I don’t know why they were activated.
So everything with an asterisk should go outside?

Unless you deliberately activated them, except for the aftertouch, which is obviously activated. ( which btw could be the trigger for your problem) there is no reason for those CC’s to be active. Save your project with another name, and one by one delete any CC event in the project.Check if the drifting dissapears.

Hey @Realitybeats!

I bet my a@s it’s your keyboard pitchwheel sending unwanted midi data. In your vid I see you have all the tracks armed for recording. That means they are receiving and executing all midi info coming out from your controller. I myself have an M-AUDIO controller which was giving me troubles with the pitchwheel so I ended up bypassing it (literally I disconnected it from the inside circuit). Everything was being detuned, exactly like in your case.

My shot: Disconnect your controller and start a brand new project in Cubase. Write something quick in a couple of instruments using only your mouse and the piano roll. Make sure that once you wrote everything, all your tracks aren’t armed for recording. If the tuning is fine, then that was the issue. You’ll have to kill your pitchwheel or buy a new controller (M-AUDIO is well known for discontinuing spare parts forcing you to buy new stuff).

To save your already composed track: Disarm for recording all tracks. Make SUPER SURE that no pitch bend or pitch wheel info is in the CCs. Close the project and re-open it.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Very good @WormwoodMusic , that sounds absolutely reasonable to me. Good observation with the armed tracks! And the described way to test it, is totally right.

1 Like

It’s a known issue for M-Audio keyboards.
Pitch bend wheel is the problem.
I had the same issue.

2 Likes

Yup, it is. I’m still using my Axiom as I love the keyweight it has but right now I’m waiting an Arturia Keylab 61 MKII to arrive to my local store in the upcoming months. Don’t know what I’ll do with the pitch wheel though, I’ve been not using it for years, hahaha!