Out of tone??????????

The truth is that I am very lost with all that technical data. I have installed the program but I don’t know where to start
This beats me a bit. I am overwhelmed! Thanks again

If you have trouble with MIDI-OX you might want to try the built in list editor that comes with CUBASE (maybe only the pro version, I don’t know for sure). “The List Editor shows all events in the selected MIDI parts as a list, allowing you to view and edit their properties numerically. It also allows you to edit SysEx messages.” You can find out how it works here:

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/midi_editors/midi_editors_list_editor_r.html

You might also try bouncing your tracks to audio to see if the problem persists. If the problem is in the real time playback but not in the bounced audio then you might have a source issue like a disk that is too slow. I recently had a problem with notes going in and out of tune and sustained notes cutting out prematurely when I replaced an external hard drive that had started to fail with a new and supposedly faster disk. The problem, after much troubleshooting, turned out to be that the new disk had come formatted in the exFAT standard. Kontakt does not play at all well with exFAT. Reformatting the disk solved the problem. This may have nothing to do with your issue, but the symptoms were similar.

3 Likes

“source issue” → “resource issue”.

I highly suggest Samsung T5 for Kontakt instruments. A bit pricey but it worths all the money. Or M2 if possible, but the high capacity ones are still very expensive. I am using 2XT5 for libraries and M2 for system. At 64 Gb memory, Rayzen 2950.I am running an orchestral template with 700 instrument tracks. Enabled not disabled.

1 Like

The truth is that after assigning the outputs to midi ox, the keyboard does not respond in any way.
Regarding the video of Cubase preferences I do not see the folders that appear in the video. What confusion! Oh my god.
I hope it’s nothing so serious. I need to fix this problem as it does not allow me to move forward in anything and producing music has become a lottery.
Thank you all for your answers and your warmth.

@Realitybeats . Do you have another keyboard for testing ? As @oleaj suggested, Cubase is able to see exclusive messages on its own editor. I was avoiding to tell you to use that, due to the fact that if any of cubase file is corrupted, all its behaviour might be abnormal. Now a hard question. Are your VST,'s legit copies? You may answer or not.Not my business. But these erratic behaviour may be related. Your folder should be there. Probably is hidden by the system settings.

1 Like

No. Right now I only have this keyboard

Do you use midi keyboard? Damaged pitchband?

Totally agree to this spec. I am using a Ryzen 3900X, 64GB RAM, 500GB M2 for system and 2x1TB Samsung 860 EVO for libraries. But: I never had a template with 700 instrument tracks! Incredible. My scoring template has round about 200 tracks, including the non-Kontakt synth VST’s. And I thought, that’s enough :rofl:
Since the change to the new system, the loading times are very satisfying.

1 Like

Oh gave my hope not

@Soundtrickz finally factory defaults could be reset. I will cross my fingers!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Never used so many tracks. Is just one of the templates. Kinda testing the limits. Most tracks i have used simultaneously was around 150, for some cinematic productions on other sync platforms. I think this level of complexity will not be fit for AJ imho.

And: This level of complexity does also not fit to my brain. Managing 150 tracks is kinda hard to keep an oveview. Cubase has folder tracks, but that doesn’t work in the mixer. With 150 tracks you need the whole desk-with to scroll from track 1 to 150. :rofl:

2 Likes

Is your midi keyboard M-audio?

1 Like

Yes, it is.

1 Like

Hello guys!
I keep trying all sorts of things.
The thing is, I’ve been working with Cubase Elements 8 for years and had never experienced anything like it. Pretty bewildered! I will keep you informed if I find the solution. Thank you all for your suggestions

Oh my god. I failed to fix the problem. This is creepy. It seems like everything sounds more and more out of tune. What a horror.
Would it work if I make a video and share it?

The thing is, I don’t know if it can be due to a physical issue (like the keyboard itself) or where the reason for the detuning is.

@Realitybeats . Yes . I already suggested you to record a video and post it. We figure it out. Don’t worry. Unless is some ergotine involved :rofl: ( kidding)

Please do all the tests i already explained. Watch the videos that i have posted. Or try to find a way to observe the exclusive messages. MidiOx will show you if your keyboard is sending random messages( like pitchbend or modulation ) so you can rule this out.
Then observe the behaviour of your host.( Cubase. Is there any midi activity if/when it doesn’t suppose to ?
Open your editor of your cubase. In the lower area there is the midi automation editor. By using the arrows find the pitchbend and see if there are any events randomly ( or deliberately) recorded.
Try to eliminate the issues one by one.
Did you thrash your cubase preferences and it behaves the same?