One Click demo content installation feature in WordPress theme options panel

I’ve been seeing a feature of one click demo content installation option on some powerful WordPress themes now a days. Mostly on Themeforest themes.

I’d like to know if anyone have any idea about the best way to implement this. Or any other resources to do this. Some hints, idea or keyword would be suffice. I’m not asking you to write me the codes or something.

I’m wondering if you know the right way to do this.

I have seen several threads regarding the issue on the forum.
I’m looking for any updates on that as well.

Thanks in advance.

If you just include a demo XML, then you should be good to go. There’s really no need for a full on custom importer when there’s already the standard one. Just my take :slight_smile:

Rich

I’m currently looking into this, and thinking of using a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-migrate-db/ to clone the demo into a customers site. When they install the theme it would activate the plugin, then there would be a message to “One Click” import the demo content (excluding images)

We’d customize how wp-migrate-db works. Just an idea right now.

Astoundify said

… (excluding images)…

And that would be an easy task to replace the images with autogenerated placeholders. It can be done on export, but also on import. The question is which one is better and why. :)

Hey I have posted the solution on stackexchange. hope this helps

Here’s a thread that may interest you http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/making-a-one-click-sample-install-or-just-use-xml-importexport/121980

bootstrapguru said

Thanks Very much Guru. Im Going To Try this :slight_smile:

bootstrapguru said

I believe I’m almost on the way to finish it.
Thanks for the excellent explanation.

(y)

ThemePicasso said
bootstrapguru said

I believe I’m almost on the way to finish it.
Thanks for the excellent explanation.

(y)

sure, you are welcome. By the way if you find solution for widgets, let me know.

Hi.
I’d like to share with you this repository on GitHub about exactly what you are looking for, including widgets and theme options:

I haven’t tested it yet, but I think it worth sharing.