New search system. What do you think?

It looks like the search testing…
Enter “pop” in the search, you can find a lot of “pops” for cartoons…
it’s very strange)

In any case, we can only wait for the search to fix) By next week, I think that all will be corrected)

Completely agree with you Robert, busted a gut on making viable tracks for the market, saw very regular daily sales. On Tuesday and Wednesday this week the traffic to my portfolio increased significantly and made reasonable sales on those days and then from Thursday onwards nothing.
I will not even bother looking at my tags (900+ tracks). Like you if this is the new search engine then wow.

1 Like

Hi all,

Back in February I announced in the forums that we have set about building a new ‘Market Shopfront’ platform using modern JavaScript technology with the aim to separate the front-end code from the backend (business-logic heavy) Rails application.

For our users it is an invisible change, but from an engineering perspective the new platform will serve as a foundation for specific, future, front-end initiatives.

Yesterday (Thursday 29th June) we migrated the AudioJungle search pages to the new platform and have been investigating the reports in this forum thread that the search functionality is behaving slightly different. We believe we’ve found the root cause of this.

There was a regression in search that resulted in it not treating generic single word search terms as it should. This has been addressed, and the changes should be seen in the next few hours.

What is also important to note, search and category pages are now cached using a content delivery network (CDN) for performance improvements. This may increase the time for new items to appear in search and category pages after being approved, and will vary for each user.

Regards,
Jordan

17 Likes

Thank you, Jordan!

Thanks for the update, Jordan. I wasn’t aware of these changes.

I have to say that in my case the situation is getting pretty bad. Almost 4 days without a single sale, which is some really unusual. I hope my scenario is an exception and that the others authors are having normal sales.
Hope things go back to normal soon.

Best of lucks for everyone!

3 Likes

Hi, Jordan! Thank you for the infornation.
I think, there is one nuance that should be corrected. When you click to play one of the tracks on the search results page, and then click to play some other track, the first one does not stop playing and this causes the tracks to overlap with each other. This didn’t use to happen before. I think, for buyers this can be a pretty annoying factor.

4 Likes

Yeah, please solve this first, big problem…

Oh man, that IS annoying! That could scare customers away for sure. @jordan-lewis any idea if this will be fixed?

Hi @RobertSlump @WaveToys @studio_az we have fixed the issue and only one audio file should play at a time. Thanks for your feedback :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you for fixes!
But,there’s also a bug in new search
When you click on icon of an item in the list mode you will open item’s page,but if you click on icon in the grid mode nothing happens

2 Likes

Hi, Jordan, thank you, it works! :slight_smile:

Thank you Jordan! I tested it and it’s all right now, even in the grid mode!
greetings and thank you again! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes!
Clicking on icon works correct,but it’s impossible to scroll back and front music in the grid mode

My sales have entirely stopped. I have come to the forums because I am baffled by this - and this is the closest reason I can find. Can it be the new search system? I have had one sale this week when the previous two months I was averaging around sixty. I don’t get it!

1 Like

I hadn’t realised the search engine had changed because i’ve not been on the forums in a while but I definitely noticed that I’ve sold more than usual tracks for the last month and a half. From a purely selfish point of view, I like the new search engine!

Do you have all the latest tracks with sales)) How can you have one sale this week? If your tracks are taken on June 6 and 3, and all of them have 6 sales)) ??? That would be me so))

1 Like

What’s been changed exactly except of design?

Sorry I don’t understand the question?

On the sound effects side, I didn’t see any significant change in my sales one way or another. I did have a new music track approved on the 1st and got a sale almost immediately.

Good to hear they are working the bugs out though, really appreciate the update @jordan-lewis :slight_smile: