New search system. What do you think?

ja, that’s all great, but new tracks approved about 4 hours ago still not appearing anywhere, not in the category not in the search. I guess when they will appear it would be already page 2…

1 Like

Today I waited for 2.5 hours after approved and my new track just appeared in the search!

My new track approved about 5 hours ago appears fine in the search but after initially appearing in the category then disappeared. Got a sale already so I’m happy enough for the moment :slight_smile:

Believe me it won’t :wink:

• Your new track won’t compete with best sellers by default,so it’s a good news too :slight_smile:
    I think these problem with appearence is temporary.We just have to be a little more patient
    I think we,authors,had to much complains about Envato,but now the review queue is down to 6 days,new search.It seems that Envato is walking on the road of improvements.
    Let’s not complain,but offer some ideas for improvement and maybe some of them will be on market :slight_smile:
1 Like

Refresh the page and it will appear again. What happens?!!

So it does!

Another oddity I’ve noticed in the new search system is that if you type in the search terms too fast it can’t keep up and keeps missing characters out. This is using Explorer.

The “underscore” symbol does not yet work in the new search. If you want to find an account " such to_such that" then the search will give out “such to- such that” And the account does not appear.

It was not a complain, but just saying a fact. When it is one of your tracks once a 2 weeks you don’t want it to appear on the second page, happened already before. A lot of tracks are not appearing for a while and than a bunch of tracks at once. But if you say it’s ok… than it’s ok

Another new thing:

If I type in ‘Paul Graves’ into the SE a lot of my tracks appear (although my name is not in the description or tags) whereas before this would only happen if you typed PaulGraves in as one word.

My guess is that it’s picking up the composer name (the one you can enter in for pro purposes)

Yes, my nickname is “s-cheremisinov”, but at the same time I indicate in the composer’s column my full name “Sergey Cheremisinov”, and now the search finds it. Even if you just write “Cheremisinov”. The search really became “smart” :slight_smile:

1 Like

All good now, finally track is visible, everybody good luck with the new search)

2 Likes

Yes, but now, search by track number does not work

Friends , I think that the search engine will constantly change , the guys from envato will do what’s profitable for them ! So I suggest you all work on your profile portfolios in order to constantly improve the skills , and not hope that someday the search engine to configure it for you .

3 Likes

I tested it with several examples of my tracks. Thankfully when the single power tag (epic, uplifting, etc) is typed in, there is a good representation without defaulting to every huge seller at the top of the list. I also tested several searches using just 2 of my key words from titles. It seems to do a better job of finding my tracks than before. Also single names (non power tag) have a better chance at being viewed in the top 15.

• I THINK THIS IS MUCH BETTER AND MORE FAIR THAN BEFORE! THANKS Envato!
6 Likes

Today was a good day for me, thanks Envato)

3 Likes

Cool! Leave such a search forever! I beg you! =_)

1 Like

Good Changes! I like it)

So this is what has happened to the market then… a new search engine?

Well, all i can say is if it stays like it has been for the last 6 days I cant see myself uploading anything unless it changes.
I went from 5-7 sales a day (worked VERY hard to get those sales) to 0-1 sale per day… A complete stop and the biggest drop in sales since the 3 years i have been selling here.

I might have to look at my tags… but hell, i will not be forced to change ALL my items (200 plus) right?

All in all, if this is any indication of how the search engine will work from now on, i am screwed.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this too. A search for guitar and piano will yield very similar results - often the same track. This is very strange.

It does seem to be a huge change. Previously it seemed that most of the search weight was on the title. It would be nice for a heads up on these kinds of changes.