New rule for theme names

I have 3 times soft rejected my new theme because of theme name! I don’t understand what reviewer wants. This is message:

"Please read this one more time and do not prefix/append words, you MUST have a non-generic, unique name here:

We’re now requiring unique, non-generic names with at least 3 characters for all new submissions. In addition to this author’s cannot use names that are already in the Marketplace. Search and make sure that chosen name does not exist: https://themeforest.net/

Example only: Business is not unique, changing it to XBusiness, BusinessX is still not unique enough. Also, do not prefix generic names and think of them as unique ones."

OK first two times I had a “keyword” in theme name, this, third time I have completely unique name which do not appear in Themeforest search and which do not mean anything in English language. And I still get the same message, now I’m loosing time with this.

On the other hand I’m seeing lot of prefixed new theme names daily. What is going on with this? Can someone explain? I’ve opened support ticket about this but still waiting for answer.

@emiluzelac

1 Like

https://forums.envato.com/search?q=XBusiness

Why u dont post your name here and it save our time.

OK, now I search again and find this:

You found 23 … website templates from $8. All created by our Global Community of independent Web Designers and Developers.

What is that means? I didn’t see one single theme with that name but they appear in search result? They don’t have tags with that name or anything else. I don’t understand this.

Yeah. This new unwritten rule is so bad. I also got a soft rejection for this reason. I searched for the name on TF and got ZERO RESULTS.

On the other hand I would also love to hear the reviewers opinion on this subject(but of course they will not write it here) :expressionless:

P.S: Right now there are items approved for non unique names. Who decides what is unique and what is not? Because one few reviewers(not all of them) are rejecting items for this reason…

I had to change theme name three times and got three soft rejects because of that. Reviewer said theme name should not be stuffed with keywords. But recently I see lot of themes with keywords in names. I’ve sent new support question asking about this double standards but still no answer.

Envato it’s double standards organization, do what they say or you won’t be approved!

1 Like