help regarding soft rejection WP Theme

Hello Author

I need some help, I have got same soft rejections two times for my new WordPress theme because of following issue.

We’re now requiring unique, non-generic names with at least 3 characters for all new submissions. In addition to this author’s shouldn’t use names that are already on the Marketplace. Search and make sure that chosen name does not exist: https://themeforest.net/ Example only: Business is not unique, changing it to XBusiness, BusinessX, Business X is still not unique enough. The author can always use the title description to further describe the item and list the keywords as tags.

This is my product name , which i have updated at the time of new submission
"CORPOREAL – Multipurpose Business & Corporate Portfolio WordPress Theme"

after first soft rejection i have changed it to
"CorporealPlus - Multipurpose WordPress Theme for Corporate/Business Portfolio"

But I have still got the same review.

can any one please suggest. what I need to do.?

1 Like

Nice post, first of all. We also got soft rejected recently for one item. :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

We believe that this is the most annoying rejection reason their created since we create and submit themes. I truly want a reason why they are rejecting themes for this reason without even taking a look if the name exists or not on the market.

For example, our theme’s title was unique enough. Zero results when you tried to search on TF. So I wonder who decides and how decides if the title is unique enough. Is this a subjective feedback?!

Now, regarding your case:

• When you search for “CORPOREAL” on TF, there are +11.000 results(this smells more like a search problem to me :smile: )
  • But if you look closer there is no other item with the same name. so where is the uniqueness problem? (This is a question for a possible reviewer which will see this post)

Hey @BenLeong can you help us with a reviewer’s explanation (I know you are not a reviewer but it would be awesome if you can ping any reviewer please :slight_smile: )

EDIT: Seems that this rejection reason is not listed on the “Common Rejection Reasons”, or its just me…

First of all Thank you @ThemeSLR for your reply.

I agree with your reply, but I have a doubt that I changed the name “Corporeal” to “CorporealPlus” and also check on https://themeforest.net/ , the name CorporealPlus does not exist over there.

Also there are lots of new approvals, which I have checked with the name which are already exists on themeforest. That is why there is some sort of confusion.

But Thank you for your suggestion

I will submit my future product with the unique name.