Music Submission Limits Update

2 tracks per month means that you got the time to perfect your skills.To let the track breathe and come again with fresh ears and listen to it. Is harsh, but a good track worths more than 20 mediocre ones.Yes, RF market is a number game, but i like to believe that every mistake i make ( and i make a lot ) are making me a better producer, mix engineer, whatever involved in the process. Is it fair? Not quite. Life isn’t fair.I learned it hard way.

1 Like

It’s great speech for some motivational video.
Money is a number game, and if you want to make some money - you have to be good at working with numbers. All of us (both envato and authors) here for making money, so we have to work with numbers wright.) And this changes in limits were made because of numbers.)
But, anyway, our words here are good just for treatment of the nervous system. And we can’t influence the decision making process - we only can receive it.)

2 Likes

:joy: true.Have to rethink my career options.And you are right. But the quality, not the number, will be the next criteria really soon.The pandemia crisis made a lot of great producers/ musicians with well established career to rethink their options.I have listened to some amazingly well produced tracks lately.Not necessary on AJ.People use to think that if they have thousands of uploaded tracks, they are safe.Not exactly.If you have the opportunity to choose between a ferarri and a volkswagen at the same price, you will choose the ferarri. :smiley:

And which of these companies earns more per year? Yes, you know it. Because you have to provide both good quality and large quantity.
And by the way, that’s why Envato is still one of the biggest market. Because it still good enough in both.

3 Likes

Hello!

I am fairly new to Audiojungle, but I want to say that I feel really sad about these changes.

When I started uploading to Audiojungle, I got rejections all the time.
Then I became better at music production and figured out the market needs, and as a result, my tracks started to get approved much more often.
But now I feel like I’m branded because of my older failed submissions, and to fix the situation I’ll have to wait months and be very lucky with approval rate during these months because of the 2 item limit.

In my opinion these new restrictions are way too extreme and alienate the newcomers, even those who work hard on becoming better.

Plus, it was supposed to decrease the review time and, as we can see, that just didn’t work.
The mentioned steady increase in new authors might be caused by people registering second accounts to bypass the limits (just my hypothesis).

I would be glad if Envato team came up with a better solution that would not affect new authors in such a drastic and long-term way, and at the same time improve the overall library quality and shorten the review time.

Well, at least the logos are not affected by the new restrictions, that’s good news. Time to make more stylish break bumpers!

Cheers!

5 Likes

Hi all, sorry it took a little longer, but I have some responses for you below!

Envato, and its customers, are looking for high quality content. If new authors can provide that, and they get both of their first 2 items approved, then they’ll have 100% AR and can start to give us more the following month.

It is true that if they only get one through, they will need to work harder the next month, but this also makes sure that the music that gets through to customers is of the highest quality.

The last thing we want is to deter new authors to keep producing. Our plan is to try and provide the right signals that will give new authors the confidence that they are on the right track, and we’re constantly working to do better at this :slight_smile:

This is currently not visible to authors, but something we’re looking to provide in the future.

This limit was decided upon by looking at our data and making a choice not to negatively impact highly engaged authors. We also want to make sure that new Authors who join, with a proven catalogue, are able to bring across their great content to customers.

As we mentioned above, we’re really seeing very few authors uploading anywhere close to 30 items, and so far we haven’t seen anyone abusing this limit, but if any policy abuses occur, then these will be responded to.

Apart from a few rare circumstances, and having a separate account for exclusive vs. non-exclusive, multiple accounts are not allowed. We have a Multiple Accounts policy you can read here.

All new Authors now have to go through an ID check before they can publish and we’ll be introducing ID checks for all existing Authors soon.

The reason for this is because we had 20 - 25% more authors submitting than the previous month. This does not necessarily mean new authors, as many of them had simply not submitted for a while but returned in November.

The queue length is still increasing because it’s due to an overall increase in new and returning authors, so there are more authors submitting overall, but individually each submitting the same amount of items on average.

Submission limits stop exactly this behaviour, as authors with low approval ratio can’t keep sending as many tracks as they want because they are limited to 2 every month.

It’s true, no system is ever 100% perfect but the team is in fact monitoring the first submissions of all new accounts very carefully, to minimize any systemic potential for inconsistency, as much as possible.

Any "margin of arbitrariness’’ as such is actually not quite as large as could be imagined, when considering the quality of the rejected content that is never seen. The review team is making a considerable operational effort to be very careful in making sure that the new submission limits will not impact new accounts that submit music that is a right fit for our library.

For others, we still believe that authors who have a healthy and mindful sense of stock audio production and composition principles, as far as customer demand, will not be overwhelmingly challenged by producing new content in different genres or styles, without becoming too experimental, abstract, or off the mark.

3 Likes

Come on now, those submitting up to 30 music pieces per month, are not “highly engaged authors”. They are con artists, or thieves, or scammers, or at best copy-pasters… highly engaged artists they are not.

I can understand wanting new authors with a back catalog to be able to submit it quickly, but this “highly engaged authors” bit is completely divorced from reality.

1 Like

Ola! Comprei uma assinatura que estava com um desconto de 40% e nao estou tendo acesso a nada. Nao recebi email de confirmaçao, nao consigo acessar minha conta… Estava tentando criar um site e acabou interferindo. Alguem para me ajuda? Tenho medo de ter sido enganada.
Obrigada!

In my opinion, Envato forces us to join groups of authors and publish content under one account. I do not think that this is bad, on the contrary, it is rather good. The question is how to divide the profit :slight_smile:

Hi @PurpleFog !

There was one recent topic about this. It’s been 18 days !!!

But those tracks are still on sale safely. And no one even checked it (copy-paste availability).
The question is: why?

Topic was simply ignored by Envato’s staff. Which is already strange …

Permissiveness and impunity breeds violations (including future violations on the topic of copy-paste tracks)!

2 Likes

All we can do as a community is report it to Envato and try to keep this marketplace as clean as possible. Of course there will be authors who will bend the rules but if we remain vigilant then perhaps we shall drive those who cheat away. If course we will not completely from want of trying but we must make it difficult for these unsavoury characters and let them know that there is a new sheriff in town and has a shiny badge to impose law and order upon the citizens. Yeehaw.

4 Likes

Mr Magic you are clearly a very passionate author however your assumption here is presumptive and not correct. :slight_smile: Yes they were checked for policy risk and “identicality” or degrees of variation by the team. It wasn’t “ignored” just so you know. While other items were removed, If you would like to pursue this specific discussion further for support to explain and clarify to you why those ones still had a right to stay available, please open a ticket and it can be reviewed with you again, so we can keep this thread on topic. :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for clarifying this question! I’m glad you took action and heard us!
Have a nice day @ADG3studios ! :+1:

1 Like

Hi @ steve_lam! Thanks for your answer! It’s very important to better understand each other: Envato Team and authors.
I write about limits - because it’s great example. When Envato anonced limits of uploaded items a few years ago (5 to non Elite and 10 to Elite) Envato didn’t forbade multiply accounts and do it only a few years later. This limits gave some result but not so great if Envato do both this updates at the same time.
My main idea that Envato stuff can find a few authors for communication that can help how to close holes to get better results with every updates. To my mind the best goal how Envato Team can improve the market is to encourage to write high quality and not copy pasted tracks. I think the best quantity of new tracks was at 2015-2016. There was lover review time and less quantity of new tracks. And more sales at every single item. It’s not easy, but I believe that Envato Team can find the way do this.
And thanks again that you try to do Envato better! As an author I really appriceate your work and I wish you luck at this difficult process! :sunglasses:
Have a great day! :slight_smile:

But look. Some of old, experienced authors proposes idea to ban new authors. ))

Seems better to open new account and try to get approved to 2 items and get access to the 30 track p/m club, make simillar ‘safe’, same type items than struggle with current damn account with old rejections, searches and experiments.

4 Likes

Be careful with this. Be prudent
If you didnt get an answer (or public answer) doesnt mean there isn’t an answer for someone else.
There are some guys working in the deep.

1 Like

Be mindful and respectful in your responses to forum posts and conduct yourself appropriately when replying. We do not know what is happening in the background.

1 Like

@Manriquedelara I answered this part of the answer. Because incorrect assumptions are taken precisely from the fact that no one answered that topic earlier (although I pointed out to Steve and asked him to figure it out).

This is your topic, you raised it first @Manriquedelara.

I understand you, guys! :wink:
Well, I’ll be more attentive to my posts! Thanks guys! Sorry for my emotions!:wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! Actually new author has to have 3 items approved to be able to have 1 rejection without going under 70%. It is unnatural and discuraging for newcommers imho. Some rejections happen for reasons specific to AJ, not because of the low quality. Creative authors encounter this from time to time, especially new ones.

Actually reviewers are responsible for that, not limits :slight_smile:

Those changes were meant to decrease the review queue. But they will have a big impact on other fields including: discuraging new authors from staying with AJ, rising number of logos etc., decreasing number of creative authors, increasing number of cliche tracks, increasing number of dead profiles.

I am not saying it will destroy everything. What I’m saying is that such a high limit will have bad impact on other fields with reducing queue as a side effect. This is why 50% didn’t work.

For me it is clear that submission limits and recruitment of new authors are two different issues which can’t be easily solved by using one simple algorithm.

Though I am happy that something is happening with the oversaturation of the AJ finally.

5 Likes