Looking for a Wordpress theme WITHOUT a big slider!

Does anyone have a Wordpress theme for sale that DOESN’T have a massive slider?

I love sliders
But when implementing a website, it’s really difficult (most of the time) to find a meaningful set pictures for the slider

If you have a slider - then you need to have set of images - not just one or 2!

Thanks

Omar

Hi Yes, both our latest themes come with or without sliders.

We do show a slider but if you hover over home in the menu, the dropdown states no slider and you can view the homepage without a slider.

I imagine all sliders will be able to be removed on all themes

surely you (or get some help) can remove the slider so it shouldn’t be an issue really?

Most themes come with more than one home page therefore you can have with or without - as mentioned you could remove the function if no other template is offered or if they use a widget area with slider short code you just don’t use or populate that area possibly - as for themes without sliders yes there are many - most of my own in fact either don’t or offer alternative templates etc.

At the end of the day you can also create a regular page using sidebar or full width and make it your home page - lots of options :slight_smile:

Jonathan

I do not include any sliders into my themes, thus it can be interesting for you.

thanks for the replies
i’ve looked at all themes for u guys who have replied
nothing quite hits the mark for what i’m looking for

creating a them with no slider is really hard to make look good as one with a slider

i create websites for clients. i have to literally spend HOURS of time searching for meaningful images for sliders.

OM2 said

thanks for the replies
i’ve looked at all themes for u guys who have replied
nothing quite hits the mark for what i’m looking for

creating a them with no slider is really hard to make look good as one with a slider

i create websites for clients. i have to literally spend HOURS of time searching for meaningful images for sliders.

Actually you can use one image instead of slider and your site still can be look impressive.

OM2,
I can relate. It would be nice to find a great theme that doesn’t rely on a slider or huge high quality image. Not all companies have access to high quality photography. Once you drop in low quality images into these themes, they look awful.

Did you ever find a theme that fit your needs?

If you’re looking for a Blog / Magazine theme, take a look at my portfolio. Cheers :slight_smile:

Edit: Lol a 2 month old thread, omg! :smiley:

Glad to see this question posted and I’m piggybacking on the original question to see if I can get an answer before posting as a new topic. I have a site running WordPress 3.5 using the ThemeForest/eMode theme. The homepage layout is currently divided into essentially two sections. The top section is a single elastic slider image. (The bottom section contains text and images.)

Currently the slider image takes the whole width of this top section. What I’d like to do is shrink the image a bit and ADD A RIGHT SIDEBAR directly next to the slider image, but I can’t seem to figure out how.

So two questions: 1) How do I add a right sidebar next to a slider; and 2) Since I’m using only a single image (not rotating slides), should I even be using an elastic slider, or should I be using some other type?

I’m guessing this is a simple fix. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!