(Locked) What does Retina Ready mean?

Hi Guys

Can someone tell me what retina ready, for high resolution themes, really mean? May I am not up to date and you can explain me that?

Which functions must be provided that a theme is retina read?

Thank you

The term came into existence after Apple introduced the Retina display on their iPhone 4s and then later the new iPad and MBP Retina. It basically means that the images will look sharp on these devices, instead of blurry due to the higher pixel ratio of the devices’s display. This usually involves serving a 2 times size of the images used in the theme, done mostly via CSS.

It’s not something you should be worrying about because Apple is going to be dead in a year or two, and people will go back to using normal resolution displays.

SyamilMJ said

It’s not something you should be worrying about because Apple is going to be dead in a year or two, and people will go back to using normal resolution displays.

LOL…Nostradamus is back obviously :smiley:

It's not something you should be worrying about because Apple is going to be dead in a year or two, and people will go back to using normal resolution displays.

I sure would like to know what crystal ball you are gazing in to to come up with a comment like that - I’m pretty sure wall st would pay handsomely for a peek :wink:

HiDPI will be in everything within that 2 year period of Apple collapsing also… that’s my prediction and I can probably back it up with a lot more facts :wink:

Jonathan

Retina is an Apple term for one of their technologies designed to solve the problems caused by cheap bandwidth and at the same time make web development more difficult. :wink:

is it real though or just a buzz word? Something just to sell displays.

I guess if we can compare the Retina and Normal, we can say that it is better, useful or not.

It mean you will read a big picture (screen resolution) when it resize to small (screen inch) , texts could be so hard to read also I think.

SyamilMJ said

Man, you should really try using rmbp for half an hour… Than you’ll understand that what you’ve written is bullshit.

Parallelus said

Retina is an Apple term for one of their technologies designed to solve the problems caused by cheap bandwidth and at the same time make web development more difficult. :wink:

This may be true :slight_smile: But result really looks “amazing”.

||+678059|Dream-Theme said-||
SyamilMJ said

Man, you should really try using rmbp for half an hour… Than you’ll understand that what you’ve written is bullshit.

Then*

Thanks but I’ll stick to CRT for now. :wink:

I own a retina MBP and I would say non-retina websites look sub-par.

I guess Asus also has a retina-equivalent laptop as well.

Apple products have very low quality, no wonder Steve quit while he still can

SyamilMJ said

You are funny. :slight_smile:

SyamilMJ said

Your trolling is fat and ugly.

or

You have never touched apple product. :slight_smile:

This thread got waaaaay off topic. Going to lock it down now :slight_smile: