Is this Track worthy of uploading?

Hi, I’ve created a new piece of music in a style I’ve never really done before. If someone’s
willing to have a listen, could you please let me know if there is anything I should change before submitting?

2 Likes

Hi, a nice theme and a nice composition. The piano sounds too dull and is completely washed out towards the end. You should also overthink your ending.

2 Likes

Thanks, I used spitfire labs soft piano. I also have addictive keys and simple Sam signature Grand, but couldn’t seem to get those to fit either. I was thinking of maybe getting the cinematic studio piano but maybe
It’s more off a mix issue then the sample library itself.

Is it the last chord of the song that sucks? My wife didn’t really like it either lol

1 Like

Really nice - except for the last chord. I like the soft piano in the intro and the outro, but it does get lost in the middle. Maybe you could double it with one of the other pianos for that part of the track - just a thought.

2 Likes

The composition is good, but the mix has some problems.
At 00:57 it is nearly impossible to recognize the used instruments. The brasses are hardly to identify. It happens too much in the lower end and mids. The drums are too quiet.
Personally I don’t like this piano sound. Yes it sounds soft, but it has a lot of frequencies in the lower mids and end. And that makes it hardly to identify in the part from 00:57.
Also the end of this composition is a bit unexpected, especially the last chord.

1 Like

Thank you for your input. I’m gonna rework the mix to see if I can’t get a bit more separation and definition between the various parts.

I’ve have reworked the mix and master on this song, I feel like it’s a lot better then the first one but just curious if anyone would have any more advise or should I submit? Thank you for your time!