is it necessary to create a separate composition for the text?

Some say that it is necessary to create a separate composition for the text, some say that it is not necessary. Is it necessary or not?

1 Like

It does not matter. The main thing is that the project must be convenient for a client, and he can easily change any text

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

For example, I have a lot of video placeholders in my frame with the name of the YouTube channel. Of course, it will be more convenient for me to add text inside 1 separated composition so that the buyer would change this text only once, and not 20 times in 20 differents placeholders copy/pasting the same words.

But if this is a single text, then I would leave it in the main pre-composition, so that the buyer does not have to go to additional pre-compositions to change the text. He will be able to make all the necessary changes right into the main composition. Convenient, isn’t it?

So it depends on what type of project you are creating. Make the project convenient for the buyer :wink:

1 Like

Yes, of course, this is understandable. It’s like a company logo that will be the same throughout the corporate slideshow. I had a slightly different question. I thought that ANY editable text should be in the preliminary composition.And another question: Is it possible to apply the effect to the edited text if it is not packed into a precomposition? For example, the “fill” or “set matte” effect or some other effect? This will not prevent the buyer from editing the text, but can it be done according to the rules enwato?

1 Like

It also depends on the effect you are going to apply. “Fill” or “set matte” can be placed directly on the font layer. But for example, if you need to achieve the effect like on the “Tik Tok” logo, where the word is duplicated, shifted, you will have to put the text layer in the precomposition.

As I said, there are no any hard and fast Envato rules. Your project should be well organized and customer friendly. That’s all