Introducing Envato Video - Our first iOS app!

Hi everyone,

We are very happy to announce the Envato Video mobile app! This just so happens to be our very first iOS app and is now available in the app store.

You can read more about Envato Video in our blog post or on the Envato Video website.

Feel free to ask any questions here or to provide feedback on your experience!

Have fun!

6 Likes

Yay!! Very excited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super excited to have one of my templates in the app!! Thanks Envato for the opportunity!

2 Likes

Why only for iOS?

2 Likes

Great idea and well done. I hope we can see more templates over time.

For sure! :slight_smile:

One of our big focuses at the moment is building new platforms for authors to sell their work on to extend beyond Market!

It’ll be a many step process though as the team is first focused on making something users love to make videos with!

2 Likes

Looking good, I like it.

I’d have gone with it’s own brand but guess that’s a bigger decision.

Wow, what a fantastic idea! Has huge potential.

This is great for authors because it will eventually widen up our target audience beyond only those who are familiar with After Effects. Unfortunately I’m on Android so can’t test the app, but it looks great in the pictures :wink:

Any estimation when this may open up to all authors (for submitting templates)?

4 Likes

Don’t try something you failed at… marketplaces are falling apart. You never show up on taxes, review issues zillion forum topics, and yet you still waste your time building ios apps and believing you can finally change something on marketplaces…

Wohoo, this is a really great initiative. Very, very well done to the team involved. It is really the way to move forward in my opinion :slight_smile: Since this opens up the market to the world. Really looking forward for it to be open to all the community, although obviously this will be a long process, but from what I see it looks great!

Eventually will this be similar to envato studio, only available to a number of hand-picked authors? Or are you looking into incorporating most of the templates already available?

2 Likes

Great Idea!. It is wise to open to the apps market and no professional users. Would be super cool the option to sell music for a cheap price for personal/family purpose.

Cool idea :open_mouth:
Been waiting for something like this app, so it’s making video sharing process more easy.

But i’m on Android and can’t use this for now)))
Waiting for Android version :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Great app!
This is the thing that videohive is missing. Clients would choose to buy a whole template, or to create a video using a web version of this app.

Downloaded it already. Looks like a great app! Also, looks like you’re using AudioJungle tracks. How do we submit our own AJ tracks to be used in the app? Thanks! :smile:

And how exactly will this benefit Videohive authors ?

7 Likes

And how does the lincense is works with those templates that are included in the app? Do they get % commission from every sale? How were they selected to be in the app?

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies!

@AmigoProductions - For now, we are focussing on the iOS version while we hone and test this concept. A vocal bunch of us in the Envato office using Android devices have also requested this. :wink:

As for authors and templates, for now we are working with a small pool of authors to again, test and hone this concept. I don’t have any information around when we may open this up for additional authors at this stage.

@NeuronFX - Thanks for the feedback and support! See above with regards to templates/authors.

@PhilLarson - Thanks for the feedback! Yes, the music in the app is from AudioJungle and features just a small pool of authors at this stage while we test. As with video templates, we would like to open this up to more authors, but will need to allow this in good time.

@cyzer - Our aim is that this app will allow VideoHive authors to gain additional sales from a different set of buyers than they would normally. That is, users/buyers who are looking for simple to edit videos for personal or business use.

@Wesual - Licensing and commissions are still being worked out and we will be using this initial testing time to gather learnings and formulate these to finalize them.

Thanks again for all the feedback and support so far. Have a great day!

2 Likes

Some pretty awesome rendering templates already in there but looking forward to many more!

1 Like

Wow! Great idea! )