Introducing Envato Elements

Elements might be a good idea for graphic stock items as designers need new items everyday. But who needs a new presentation everyday? Anyone who get 50 plus presentations for just $19 he will not need any presentation for at least one year. This means we will lost clients for sure.

1 Like

I was about to upload two new presentations today. Should I upload them to any other site if you guys have plan to shut down Graphic river?

But would somebody sign up for a $19 a month subscription if they just need one presentation? And there’s nearly 5000 presentations on GR, and 62 presentations on Element, although I’m sure that will increase over time… so it’s quite a different offering.

Although I have no evidence either way, I’m pretty sure that GraphicRiver isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

1 Like

Login to Elements - download all the files (Presentations) - Cancel your subscription.
Now you have enough Templates for the rest of your Designer-Life!

The worst thing in Elements is that our work sold off for nothing. 0,28 Cents for one File - That hurts.

1 Like

Each time you download an item, you get an ongoing license for a single, specified use. If you unsubscribe, you can’t use items from Envato Elements any more. But any existing uses that you registered are still covered. Now that’s peace of mind!

You have to specify what you’re using the item for. You can’t just download everything and use it for whatever you want at some indeterminate point in the future. Sure, you could make up what you’re registering it for, but you’d be breaking the rules. Just like somebody buying a regular license when they should have an extended license.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing this point.

I´m just afraid about my sales on Graphicriver in future. I have read the Roadmap and if Envato will grow, we need more focus on customers, because it´s a hard business. If Envato gets more customer and we will sale more on Graphicriver and other Marketplaces, everything is fine!!!

I only wish that Envato have the other Authors (not only the Elements-Authors) in focus too. We are the Base of the Success of Envato.

2 Likes

Okay, but what if i download a bunch of items for personal use? For example - i have a private collection of fonts, clipart, mockups, textures, icons and patterns. And i use them when necessary - 1 pattern for website design, 2 fonts for graphic design and 10 textures for presentation. And i use them multiple times for different projects.

Following those rules, i need to register every project and every client for each pattern, font etc.? Why don’t they just include 1 license to the item package with usage restrictions? This will make things simpler.

Not entirely sure about the personal use license, haven’t seen anything in the temrs about it. As for this…

I guess they were looking for a balance between value for customers and profitability for authors and Envato. If it was unlimited downloads with no need to register anything, then you could download all 5000 items in a month, use them whenever you want and not have to subscribe for more than a month. Not much of an earner for Envato or for the authors. Making sure that people have access to whatever they need, but only when they actually need it, gets around that.

Unfortunately I too am concerned about my GR sales. I accepted the invitation to join Elements, but now I will wait to see how profitable it is before uploading new items. If you search for the best GR authors on Elements, you will notice that they are not there. Sharing $25 with everyone else probably won’t be as profitable as it is to someone who sells over 500 items per month and receive 70% per sale.

Yes, you have to specify for what you are using it, but as we all know nobody actually respects the licenses. On TF, in 2 years we had 0 extended licenses, and all our support questions are like this" I’m doing this for my client…"

1 Like

What’s wrong with that?

I have been dreaming of an envato subscription for so long! Thank you so much, love it!!!

1 Like

… Yes, it’s quite a different offering … but to a same market … where do you think those customer who subscribe to Envato element will go before we have this new marketplace? … GraphicRiver ! … GR authors will start to lose their customers and it will getting worse over time along with the increasing number of Element items … and what all those new authors can do ? Join the Envato element? … Oh sorry, but you’re not invited :slight_smile: … but not to worry you still have choices … Take it … Or … Leave it

1 Like

Well, how many people who work for free, without charging any money, call the person that they are working for “client”? Most of them even have the email address with “design agency”, but let’s stick to the topic…

The website UI itself is neat. But sorry, a certain market is much more creative than this. No offense, but the quality difference is quite high to be frank. You have to be delusional to think you can beat them with the current material. If only Envato cared for Authors, there would be much better collection.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with that. You can create work for clients, and charge them billions of dollars, with only a regular license.

I see what you’re saying, but if it gets that popular then they’ll be crying out for new people to contribute items.

Anyway. You could be right, you could be wrong… time will tell.

1 Like

Market is the foundation on which Envato’s ecosystem of sites is built. It’s not going anywhere anytime soon :wink:

We’ve got a huge volume of projects, resources and time that we’re allocating to improving the different marketplaces in the future. As Collis has noted, we’ve also got a strong focus on growing and retaining the customer base across Envato. Market is a big part of that.

Hey @milothemes,

One thing that surprised us in our early customer research for Elements was just how strongly designers & marketers care about licensing items properly. But they often find it difficult in practice to do the right thing: for instance, working out which license applies, understanding what it says, interpreting it for their situation, etc.

So we tried to make it simple to comply with the Elements license e.g. only 1 license, broad commercial rights. It’s actually a key selling point :). And so far it’s resonating well with prospects and subscribers: they’re engaging with the license, asking support questions to clarify, and registering item uses for specific projects.

That’s all very encouraging. If Elements becomes known as an easy, cost-effective way for marketers & designers to license assets properly, we think we can bring lots of new customers into the ecosystem who otherwise wouldn’t have been here. And that’s good for everyone.

You are completely wrong , here is how the regular license sounds like: “Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.” So, NO, you cannot charge “a billion dollars” to a client on a regular license.

1 Like