Introducing Envato Elements

we were asked to add the item ID for items that are already for sale on GR. where can I find this information now?

How to become an author here ?

Looks great! :slight_smile: Which marketplace will you be sourcing from next?

Still on the fence with this one. But it’s a cool idea. I’ll look into it more when it comes to audiojungle. Good luck!

I want to become a subscriber but count really bothers me
you have 5200+ items and that count is not increasing.

if i go to other stock sites, i can get millions of items…

And i don’t think envato will add millions of items anytime soon so i am skeptical about its success.

good luck though.

Hey folks, just jumping in with some answers :slight_smile:

Good question and happy to clarify. The key ruling to follow is that you don’t end up essentially re-distributing the original item itself as stock.

The license restrictions state “11. You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files (…)” and “14. You must not permit an end user to extract a Item and use it separately from the end product that uses the image using that Item.”.

So for example, if you use a product mockup PSD to create a shiny new preview image for your theme, OR or use a Photoshop action to apply an effect to an image that you licensed elsewhere, then you’ve created an end product that can be distributed in your theme. That’s because you’re not distributing the item itself, just an end product that has been altered and is significantly different.

But if you’re talking about something like icons or fonts, then you can’t include them in the theme since that would essentially be redistributing the item itself (since they could be extracted from the theme). This is not allowed under the license because it wouldn’t be fair to contributors. If you want to include fonts, icons, images, etc in a theme you distribute, you’ll need to secure appropriate rights via a custom licensing deal with the relevant item owner.

We fully intend to keep adding new content types to Envato Elements over time. However, we don’t have any definite timeline for AudioJungle items at this stage. The next focus area is likely to be HTML/CSS web templates, landing pages and email templates… Things along those lines!

Thanks for adding the Market Item ID field as part of your uploads! That’s to enable some future functionality but is not currently displayed on the site.

I’ve not come across any other unlimited download subscription sites that have millions of items, although I’ll take your word for it! Do you mean normal stock sites where you pay by the item, and/or subscriptions where you have a limited amount of downloads every month?

It’s early days though… as it was only launched this week, it will have been populated by items from authors who have been invited. Now the site is live, word should get around and hopefully more people will want to contribute, and existing contributors will want to contribute more items.

That might not happen right away, but I’m sure the numbers will increase over time.

@matthewcoxy Thank you very much for clarifying, very helpful!

Then the final question regarding this is whether there is a way to contact item owner on Envato Elements? I can find the author name and all his items, but do not see a way to contact them. Sure, I can find the user on the marketplace, like Graphicriver and contact him there.

The count actually is increasing daily :-). When we expand to other item types expect it to go up even further as well. Two big differences between us and other stock sites though:

1. We’re an unlimited subscription - you don’t pay per item.
  2. We’re incredibly selective about the quality of the items & contributors we allow on Envato Elements. We aim to offer a highly curated selection of content - if you’re keen on having access to millions of items, Envato Elements probably isn’t the right solution for you!

Jords

Thank you very much for clarifying, very helpful!

Can a Elements Subscriber able to download NON Elements Contributor’s items?

No. If you subscribe to Elements then you can download Element items, but not marketplace items. Well, you can if you buy a license for them.

3 Likes

Hey kayapati!
While we’re not actively recruiting new contributors right now, you can register your interest here: https://help.elements.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/224704107

Cheers,
Jords

While we’d love to offer the ability for people to subscribe using their Market credit/earnings - we do not use the same finance system as Market. Perhaps in the future, but this isn’t something which will be implemented any time in the near future.

50%… isn’t that a bit much to take?

1 Like

Hope it won’t kill the new struggling authors … this will be one big ‘new competitor’ for them rather than new market opportunity …

I see the Envato Elements release really critical for the Authors.
Why should i pay 20 $ for a Presentation Template (regular) when i can get over 50 Templates for 19 $?
Really scary!

1 Like

I’ve read entirely the thread and I’m feeling a bit like @Haluze , why purchase a simple template when you can get 5,10 or unlimited templates for a price deeply lower?

At the moment, this looks like a big competition between element authors and market authors, am I right?

Thanks

2 Likes

i think would be much more usable if you add subscription to Graphicriver instead of launcing a new marketplace. For you this move is understandable (50%), but for authors no. Looks like you are going to get rid of GR to me, and switch to Elements just because you can make more profit. But i will be happy if that’s not true.

2 Likes

This will surely kill Graphic River. A sad move by Envato :frowning2:

2 Likes