This is apparently a common issue, use Photoshop all day, and after working hard on a graphic you then find it won’t save. Grrrrrrr!
Or virtually nothing works?
This has happened to me quite a few times, but there are some things you can do to minimise this issue and get around it.
• First off, fragment before starting Photoshop. Photoshop likes an ordered RAM memory structure, and has issues with a messy one.
• If it doesn’t save, then you can try defragmenting again or use this cool trick l recently figured out!
• Just click on the imageready, (two feathers) last icon on the tools rectangle, and even if Photoshop is frozen it will transfer the file, you had worked on, over to Imageready, then you can save it there, as a PSD file!
• I wouldn’t recommend deleting the file, hoping that it will ask to save first, because it has been my experience that it won’t work, and constantly trying to save the file, will only result in it going over the original file you were changing, or worse worse going over another file before you had a chance to change the name!
• Contacting support and reinstalling again is a serious pain, and probably won’t work. I haven’t tried removing some Style brushes, hoping that it gives me some more room to move, but it isn’t a bad idea to clean things up.
Anyway, hope that l have saved some members from pulling their hair out next time, they have the horrible prospect of deleting a file they spent hours on!