How to export demo content for WordPress?

I want to export the demo content for the WordPress. When I export the content using WordPress export tool, everything is fine, but it exports the menu links from my site.

Now if anyone will import the data, his menu will get the links to my site. How do you guys solve this issue?
Thanks.

the menu also import but they need to set there menu from menu position.

Thanks for reply, but I meant it exports the menu, but the problem is that it also exports the hard coded links for the menu items.

For example http://mysite.com/xxx

Now when anyone imports that demo content, it adds mysite links in that user menu items also. How can I stop that?

Open the xml file in any text editor and change the links :slight_smile:

RubenBristian said

Thanks for the answer. That’s what I was thinking to do but i thought there must be some proper and automatic way to do that?

loveetc said
RubenBristian said

Thanks for the answer. That’s what I was thinking to do but i thought there must be some proper and automatic way to do that?

I don’t think there is… But why do you have hardcoded links in your menu?

RubenBristian said
loveetc said
RubenBristian said

No, I do not have hardcoded links in the menu. If I add any existing page in the menu, lets say contact, when it will export the data, it will export the link to that page as hardcoded link. I will check again, may be I’m making any mistake.

loveetc said
RubenBristian said
loveetc said
RubenBristian said

No, I do not have hardcoded links in the menu. If I add any existing page in the menu, lets say contact, when it will export the data, it will export the link to that page as hardcoded link. I will check again, may be I’m making any mistake.

SO your users have a sort of an automatic import xml file based on what you have on your site? I don’t quite get the case here. When you create an xml import file it will import what it is written in the xml file. You can 100 pages in the WP install afterwards, cause they won’t appear in the xml file.

@RubenBristian:

I will try to explain further.

For example I have a theme installed on my localhost. In the theme menu I add a page, called Contact. I add the page through the list of available pages (not via the links), so it is no way hardcoded.

Then I export my theme data and give it to you and you import the data to your WordPress installed on your website. Then what link you will get for the contact page in the menu on your website?

If I understand correctly, you will get http://mysite.com/contact instead of yoursite.com/contact.

loveetc said

@RubenBristian:
If I understand correctly, you will get http://mysite.com/contact instead of yoursite.com/contact.

No, if it’s not hard coded i’ll get “yoursite.com/contact” – if a link isn’t hardcoded it will change based on the new domain, because you’re not exporting permalinks, you are exporting shortlinks.

oh okay, yes, i think it should be that way. I had exported some content and it was linking to the old domain, and I was wondering why. May be I had added any hardcoded links which I didn’t remember.

I will check again, thanks for your time, it was great help.

Hello,

Is there a way to intall and export demo content from my hosting ftp manager?