Help to contact an author or help on a photoshop action

Hello,

I’ve just purchased the “Cartoon Photoshop Action” on Envato Site and I’ve got a problem with the OilPaint filter.
the OilPaint filter is available(First item in this drop down menu) but by the Pixel Blender Menu.
The action just can’t see it and gives “OilPaint filter unavailable” error.

How can this issue be fixed?

I’m using CS5 (v 12.0.4) on a 32 bits system with Windows Seven and don’t have OpenCL .

Thanks for any help.

The author is supposed to be :
but no answer about my help request.

All this are just not professional !!

Perhaps since you had to install a separate plugin to access the oil paint filter, the action may only work with the native version in CS6+.

It should say which versions it is compatible with on the right side of the item page, however, I’m guessing some of these might be inaccurate seeing as some of the actions I looked at use features that were introduced in CC, but list themselves as being compatible with CS3.

If you can’t get a response from the author, you can try contacting Envato support. I’m not sure if they’ll be able to help you in this case, but it’s worth a try.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I’ll try to contact Envato and hope they can fix it. But it’s a shame that we can’t contact the author .

You can contact them, each author has a contact form on the right side of their profile, it’s just a matter of if they respond or not. Keep in mind that many authors do this as a hobby, and may not be able to respond quickly, I’m sure there are also at least a few authors that may just not be around at all.

Yes, I’ve already tried to contact the author but no respond to my mail because of unknown recipient !! So no way to know how to contact him anymore.
Thanks for your time.