Help running Dispersion action

I am trying to run a Dispersion action on Photoshop cc2019. I am getting the message:
The command “select” is not currently available. What am i doing wrong?

The support tab for that item covers this issue in detail. https://graphicriver.net/item/dispersion-photoshop-action/7905698/support

The command “Select” is not currently available

This error can be caused by a few things. I will list solutions below:

• Double check you have created your ‘brush’ layer to brush onto before playing the action. This step is covered at the beginning of each video tutorial. Also ensure you have spelt ‘brush’ all in lowercase letters and with no spaces. The action will not work at all if there is an uppercase letter.

• Ensure you have loaded the correct action for your version of Photoshop – i.e. if you use CC2015, use the action found inside the ‘CC+’ folder included in the download. If you use CS6, use the action found inside the ‘CS6’ folder. If you recieve an item update email, follow the instructions in that email and re-download the Action from your downloads area. You then need to replace your existing Action with the updated one you have just downloaded.

• Make sure you have loaded the brushes into your brushes panel before playing the action. If there are brushes included in the action download ( ’.abr’ file ), then it must be loaded before playing the action or you get this error.

• Make sure you are using the English version of Photoshop.

• If you have done everything above and are still getting errors across mutiple photos, please reset your preference files . To do that, hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file. Delete it and then run the action again. If you are using Photoshop CC, you can reset your preference files by going to the menu, ‘ Edit > Preferences > General ’ and then selecting ‘ Reset Preferences on Quit

• Lastly, email me if you are still stuck. Indicate in your email the action you are using as well as your version of Photoshop. My email address is sevenstylesinfo@gmail.com

1 Like