getting actions to reload in photoshop

I accidentally hit the toggle button on an action and got the message that “This will toggle the state of all dialogs in this action set. It is not undoable.”
And it is!
I cannot get that action back no matter what I do. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop, removed previous verisons of the action, nothing will show me the little bar in the folder next to the action that means it will play.
Can anyone help?

I do not know if I well understood, press Alt+F9 to open panel and load action again, click on action in folder and the play button will appear, or put screenshot if it is not a problem in that.

1 Like

Thank you for answeringu

When I load the action, as you’ll see on the screen shot here, there’s no little square with a tiny line in it next to the check mark by “Vector Sketch Photoshop Action” and I cannot hit play.
I can go down to the next one, and it will go step by step, but constantly gives me messages that the step is not available, and it’s not really doing anything useful.

At one time I clicked on that box, and it gave me the warning: This will toggle the state of all dialogs in this action set. It is not undoable."

And it’s not!

I’ve tried reloading photoshop, reloading the Perfectum actions, it just keeps going back to this.

I can go down to the next one, and it will go step by step, but constantly gives me messages that the step is not available, and it’s not really doing anything useful.

Did you make a layer area? You have to follow the instructions to run the action, read help file. Please screenshot your photoshop with photo and open layer and action panel.

Yes, I followed all directions.

Yes it does begin to play, but stops at every step, saying “The command “Select” is not currently available.”

Or whatever of the many commands it’s trying to do.

Place jpg photo with background or simply create new layer fill with white under Layer 1 and merge those two, be sure RGB mode not CMYK.

Click on Layer 1 and change to Background from layer: Layer/New/Background from layer

You have the basic things here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd0Go0v01Ns

Layers should look like this when you start an action

Thank you for this, it seems to be working now that I’ve done everything correctly.