First time author : My wordpress plugin got rejected

Hi Everyone

I just received a rejected email without any reasoning.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my wordpress plugin?

I have a demo at this location
https://woo-reports.infocaptor.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=icdash-reports-woocommerce-icmain

user demo/demo

Appreciate any insights.

Thank you
Nilesh

Is there someone who can provide any clue what was wrong with the submission?

Provided all files, images, descriptions, documentation and also a working demo link.

Lot of time was spent building the plugin.

While I don’t see anything glaringly wrong with your demo, there are other plugins already approved for sale that do the same thing, some with a much more premium design and more features – https://codecanyon.net/category/wordpress?term=woocommerce%20report

Given how many are already approved, it’s unlikely that CodeCanyon will accept any new plugins in this area unless your plugin is exceptional, i.e. it has significantly superior features, quality, and design. Some of your graphs are very thorough compared to the competition, but that clearly wasn’t enough overall to convince the reviewer.

I would take some time to review other plugins, see what you’re missing, put a lot of effort into the UI/UX, and try to get creative with some unique new features. Since it was hard rejected, you’ll need to put in quite a lot of additional work and do some serious revamping to resubmit, so much so that you can consider it a new item.

Thank you for your reply.

I have to disagree that the reviewer did any real comparison of the features my plugin provides (got a response in a few minutes)

I took several months studying and comparing what is available in the default reporting and also available in the marketplace. I could go on with the bugs and problems with the reporting plugins that are already listed on codecanyon but that is not my job here.

The reports and dashboards are very meticulously designed to handle high-frequency stores on woocommerce. Tested and reviewed by several beta users. It is based on a Tableau like Data visualization engine and is one of the fastest responsive reports.

I thank you for your time and effort to view the demo but the cold rejection is not something I expected from a huge marketplace like Envato.

This is not fair but everything in life is that way :slight_smile: