Exporting EPS file format from Flash without Quality loss?

Dear friends I have created a car design in Flash as I am comfortable here to draw the charterers/art designs than illustrator, but I would like to convert it to EPS or AI, I could export the object into EPS and AI but the quality is getting loss( especially for gradients) , so How can export EPS or AI file format from Flash without quality loss?

Any help would be appropriated.

Isnt there a way to transfer them from Flash into Illustrator? If you can get that done, youll be set. I have no idea if you can just drag and drop though

Isnt there a way to transfer them from Flash into Illustrator? If you can get that done, youll be set. I have no idea if you can just drag and drop though

You can copy - paste from flash to illustrator.

Organise your vectors into movieclips then just select all, copy and then paste.

I did the same thing ages ago and i remember it worked quite well :slight_smile:

In flash: File, Export, Export Image, Save as type: Adobe Illustrator (*.ai)

Unfortunately there are no options and the export is not that good as you mentioned.

I’m afraid it’s a one way street.

I don’t think its a big issue. Basically what is happening is your just copying the “Basic Appearance”. In order to include the “Complex Appearance” (AKA Basic Appearance with Live Actions) You might want to open your “Appearance Panel” and copy your whole group and paste it into your AI “Appearance Panel”. That way you are copying everything including the “Live Effects”. Hope this works for you. :slight_smile:

Gradients will be always a problem between platforms with vector capabilities. Most of the times the Encapsulated PostScript file will convert the gradients to independent lines of solid colors. Even between programs from same company, like Adobe.

At least with CS3 there is no way to export gradients (in the correct way, i mean, keeping the gradint info) to illustrator.

Thanks for your suggestions, but still no luck, I could convert into either ai or eps but quality is getting loss, especially when the gradient use, I use Flash CS3 and AI cs3.

Any other solution like…

Importing the swf in to after effect then converting into eps? any one worked on this?