Envato's African Community Manager: A Customer's Complaint about the Lack of African Content.

Hello everyone,

I’m a long-time customer of Envato and I’m writing this post with a growing concern about the lack of relevant African content on the platform. It seems like Envato has a vast collection of graphics, videos, templates, and other creative assets from all over the world. Still, there is a limited selection of African-themed content.

As an African, I would like to see more representation and diversity in the content available on Envato. I’m not sure if Envato has an African Community Manager, but if there is one, I strongly urge them to take action to address this issue.

I believe Envato can do better in representing the African continent and its rich cultures. I hope that Envato will take this feedback seriously and make a real effort to provide more relevant African content on the platform.

If anyone has any information about Envato’s African Community Manager or ideas on how Envato can improve its selection of African-themed content, please share your thoughts in the comments below.

Thank you for taking the time to read my complaint, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Thatayaone.

2 Likes

First of all, Envato is not providing the content but the authors. If the authors from Africa start uploading more “local” content, Envato would be selling these items anyway. The issue here is, when you create an item, you consider a bigger marketplace to reach the buyers therefor they can make more money as an author. Most of the authors are aiming to sell in international marketplace rather than local. This is the reason why there’s not much local content.

Hi Thatayaone,

It would be a wise author who steps up to fill this gap in the marketplace that you (and others I have seen) describe.

As @ki-themes has pointed out, Envato is not the creator of content - we are all individual authors here, and Envato simply provides the marketplace for us to sell our wares - they don’t instruct us on what to create. In a typical open and free marketplace, sellers will strive to supply what the buying public are asking for. I truly hope that this will be the case here as well.

Yours is not the first request I’ve seen for more Afro-centric content.

Best wishes from St-Tropez Media

1 Like

While it is true that Envato’s platform is primarily made up of content from individual authors, it is still important for Envato to engage with and support African content creators. By doing so, Envato would be able to tap into the rich and diverse creative talent of Africa, which would not only benefit Envato but also provide a platform for African creatives to showcase their work to a global audience.

It is important for Envato to create a conducive environment for African content contributors, which includes providing resources and support that are tailored to the needs of African authors. This could include offering educational resources on how to create content that is tailored to an international audience or providing access to marketing tools that can help African authors promote their work more effectively.

By engaging with and supporting African content creators, Envato can also help to address some of the systemic issues that have historically made it difficult for African creatives to succeed in the global market. This could include providing resources and support to help African authors overcome barriers such as lack of access to technology, limited access to funding and resources, and cultural biases.

Ultimately, by engaging with and supporting African content creators, Envato can help to create a more inclusive and diverse platform that benefits everyone involved. It is important for Envato to take concrete steps to engage with and support the African creative community, and to ensure that all content creators on its platform have an equal opportunity to succeed.

1 Like

While it is true that Envato does not dictate what content authors create, it is still important for the platform to be proactive in supporting a diverse range of content creators. This includes taking steps to engage with and support African content creators, who may face unique challenges in reaching a global audience.

While it is certainly possible for individual authors to step up and fill the gap in the marketplace for more Afro-centric content, it is important for Envato to also play a role in promoting and elevating this type of content. This could include offering resources and support that are tailored to the needs of African authors, such as educational resources on how to create content that resonates with an international audience or marketing tools that can help African authors promote their work more effectively.

By taking an active role in promoting diverse content, Envato can help to create a more inclusive and representative marketplace that benefits everyone involved. This includes authors, who will have access to a wider audience and more opportunities to monetize their work, as well as buyers, who will have access to a more diverse range of high-quality content.

In conclusion, while it is important for individual authors to step up and create Afro-centric content, it is also important for Envato to take an active role in promoting and supporting this type of content on its platform. By doing so, Envato can help to create a more diverse and inclusive marketplace that benefits everyone involved.

1 Like