Envato, where are our sales?!

I have uploaded over 20 very high quality tracks in the last 2 weeks and no sales can be seen… Envato where are our sales!?

11 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to create my own audio stock. Dear authors, who are interested in a good attitude and fair payments, you can write me a message in my profile.

3 Likes

I will delete one track per day until the situation changes.

2 Likes

I’ll start today

2 Likes

Hi. Part of the problem is misuse of Elements music in the way it is not intended. For example - i tracked my music used in broadcast (Turkish advertising of hotel with one of my Lo-Fi track), that was downloaded from Elements. Such usage do not permitted. Envato should not only count with joy number of subscribers, but also CLEARLY explain usage of such music. Part of the solution is a segmentation of subscription models for various usage - for example, one - for personal usage and youtubers and vloggers, other - for professional and broadcast. And limiting number of downloads per month is a way to go. It’s understandable that Envato trying to fight in this subscription wars, but we as authors pay the cost of this war.

13 Likes

The first track has been removed. And so it will be every day until the situation with sales does not change.

3 Likes

I don’t think this will solve the problem.
I have already deleted 40 tracks, but no one paid attention to it.
I will delete more - they are sold on another platform.
What to do - Envato loses authors and tracks.
But they don’t even notice it.
Maybe this is an option. Of the 40 tracks that have not been sold for 2 years, there are already sales on other market. And good sales!

2 Likes

this is true

1 Like

It may not help, but I had to say it. I hope Enwato won’t shut me up…

3 Likes

Ok, delete this post, please, because it’s useless.

But I will continue to delete one track a day

2 Likes

I noticed a dive in views earlier in the month (I don’t have much up, but since becoming active again things were consistently growing), which has translated into no sales for most of Feb. Unsure if a change happened or not that resulted in the dive in views.

3 Likes

Maybe not all tracks are suitable for this stock, as in my case. You can change the name of the item, tags. I don’t know anymore.

Just announcing - the second quality track has been removed from my portfolio

2 Likes

To not be unfounded. I have been with Envato for 10 years. Elite writer on the Audiojungle & Video hive. And I’m grateful for this time. But what’s happening now… They’re shooting themselves in the foot. More precisely to us

6 Likes

Maybe you don’t need to be so rash
This market helped us, other stocks (not all) do not bring sales at all
I don’t like that there are no sales
But we see what’s going on in the world:
recession and crisis
People don’t care about stock music
It is important to save the family, the fortune that has been made and just survive…
I was also angry with Envato, but they are subject to terrible market pressure and cannot influence the crisis.

4 Likes

This is all true. Also we live in a time when musicians have had their work devalued in all areas, not just stock music. This needs to be addressed by government policy and industry change.

But as LumenMedia said above, Envato need to enforce when buyers illegally use music for large projects when they didn’t buy a licence for that. I’m not on elements so I don’t know how licencing works on there but I know prices are dirt cheap and buyers will pay the minimum they can if they can get away with it.

If marketplaces like Audio Jungle are going to continue, there needs to once again be enough buyers who are willing to pay more than a tiny subscription price for high quality music…

2 Likes

It’s February is the slowest month of the year, be patient.

2 Likes

Why would they? If there are authors who are stupid enough to provide those nefarious subscription services with their music, then why would buyers want to pay more?

AJ is on its way out, as the other marketplaces.

In 2022, Envato has paid its authors a total $110 million, for 42,000 authors. That’s $2600 on average… for a whole year!! That’s peanuts even for less developed economies. If you exclude the Theme Forest power elite authors, that’s even much lower than that.

2 Likes

This is very true, but we are also facing the crisis, so our prices should reflect this crisis too. Since the begin of this big recession, all choices were made to make video maker (our main customers profile) spending the less money. But it’s time for us to put the real price to reflect the real value of our work, otherwise we won’t be able to save our “fortune too”… So if stock can’t be a monthly things, it had to be a yearly things, and high price is the only things which can give a little sense inside this mess… I used to follow blind the market, but now it’s make no sense, no matter the price…

1 Like