Envato statement on Ukraine and Russia (Feb 28)

This already smells like xenophobia.

3 Likes

Ukraine conflict: Dozens killed in attack on Kharkiv BBC link

5 Likes

Against the background of the completion of the first stage of negotiations with russia , a powerful explosion erupted on the left bank of Kiev. in addition to the news, this was confirmed by a friend who is now there …

2 Likes

A good heart’s worth gold
You are doing good things. We are also in Krakow and would like to help. Could you send us the address where to apply to take part, perhaps volunteers are needed? We will be happy to support others in this situation.

5 Likes

Negotiations do not mean a temporary truce, it is fraught with regrouping of enemy troops, no one will do that. Only when the parties will agree on specific actions on both sides, then it is possible.

I fully support. The main thing is to stay human

7 Likes

I sent you a private measage.

4 Likes

Dear friend, do not agitate for the blocking of authors from Russia, please do not breed enmity among authors, the topic is not open for this, have respect, do not touch politics from the outside, please, the topic is open not for harsh statements, but for the support of the fraternal Ukrainian people, God bless you and your family

13 Likes

Hang in there and be safe!

1 Like

This is Kyiv right now.
I have very close friends there and I hope they will be safe.

2 Likes

I’m not pro Putin, but the words should be spoken. If somebody really supports Putin, then we should have the discussion. Because if we simply silence those we disagree with, this leads to violence. I want to hear all the points of view. Everybody should be thankful somebody who supports Putin is talking and not shooting.

4 Likes

Oh no, let him speak out. It’s not for nothing that for decades mass culture has created the image of “bad and evil Russians,” it’s time to say “we told you so!” it’s a logical outcome.Except that it’s not the Russians who are to blame for everything that’s happening now, but the Russian government and the Russian oligarchy, who didn’t ask their people about anything and somehow forgot to warn them about their horrible plans.

“Oh my goodness the Russians are to blame for not overthrowing their government and this is what it’s led to!” Ahem. Zimbabwe, North Korea, Sudan, Iraq and other countries with dictatorships and periodically aggressive foreign policies, are ordinary people to blame for their plight there too? They just need to overthrow their government, don’t they? And all at once everything will be great? That’s a good idea! And the U.S. authorities with their eternal invasions under the auspices of “peacemaking” with machine guns and rockets? Did they really need to overthrow their government too so none of this would happen? But where was the rest of the world in those moments? Hmmm…

My point is that I, who am not a citizen of Russia and do not live in that country, feel pressure, contempt and disdain on the basis of nationality from literally the whole world. In this connection I would like to ask a logical question to this world: Well, how are things going with the condemnation of neo-Nazism and xenophobia? Is it still on, or did I miss something? Otherwise it seems a little hypocritical. Maybe we should still distinguish in the current situation between conscientious citizens who are being jailed in droves for anti-war sentiments and those who are in power there?

Peace V

20 Likes

[today BBC Article] …the fifth day of Russia’s invasion.

If you’re just joining us, or catching up on the latest developments, here’s what’s been going on:

• Air raid sirens have been heard again in Kyiv and residents have taken shelter in the wake of fresh reports of new Russian attacks on the outskirts of the Ukraine capital

• Dozens of civilians were killed earlier today in Russian missile strikes on Ukraine’s second city, Kharkiv, the interior ministry said

• Negotiators from Kyiv and Moscow have held talks in Belarus in a bid to end the conflict. Russia says both sides agreed to continue discussions and will meet again “in the next few days”

• Ahead of that meeting, Ukraine’s President Zelensky urged Russian troops to lay down their weapons and called for immediate EU membership for his country

• Shell has announced an end all of its joint ventures with the Russian energy company Gazprom following the invasion of Ukraine

• Global economic sanctions saw Russia more than double its interest rate to 20% in a bid to halt a steep fall in the value of the rouble

• The UN says more than half a million refugees have now fled Ukraine for neighbouring countries

• Fifa and Uefa have suspended all Russian clubs and national teams from competitions

3 Likes

Just a moment ago spoke with my mum.
There was a bombing alert in my hometown. She’s hiding at the basement…Don’t know what to say.

4 Likes

I absolutely support the words of Alexei!!!

2 Likes

Soon you will be forbidden to think.

3 Likes

Предлагаю авторам, которые призывают к блокировке русских авторов, заняться любимым делом.
Эта площадка для творчества, которая объединяет людей со всего мира.
Здесь не надо устраивать митинги и настраивать друг против друга.
Здесь очень талантливые люди, которые умеют делать очень красивые предметы.
Поверьте, они умеют думать, анализировать и делать выводы. Не надо им навязывать свои идеи,
не надо выкладывать сюда неправдивую информацию. Не надо призывать и побуждать кого-либо к разрушающим действиям. Будьте добры.

28 Likes

First of all, many of us in Russia, who selling our music or video or web templates here, do not support this war as well as ANY war and acts of violence. We have families, we also have children and grandparents and clearly understand what it mean for peaceful people, for ordinary citizens to leave their homes, to be forced to leave the place where few weeks ago were peace and silence. It is really sad to see how world buried in acts and rhetorics of Cold War. But i am not trying to speak about politics here, but about our community. First of all, we are content creators. As in my case - musician. Many years we were selling our products here together with many authors from every corner of this World. We participated Envato meetups and had strong feelings of being part of international community of those, who trying to make our world better through our creative vision and talents. We are against any violence, against any war, against any hate in any form, both in real world and in such great community as Envato was all this years. Envato became home and our working place during this years. Together with many other authors from different countries, we feel like we PROUD to work with Envato and our success was achieved with huge help of this market AND community. You can’t find any other market, who such carefully deal with all our questions, with all our troubles and fears, success and happiness, tears and fun stories. For those neighbours who askin me about my job, i, as many other authors, we answering - we working on Envato. We love our commnity. Few days ago there were few voices, asking Envato to ban Russian authors from selling here. We need to say, it’s up to Envato to decide how to deal with such great amount of authors from this country, but let me say using words of my daughter, who live with her husband in Saint-Petersburg - “I am the citizen of the World”. Music have no boundaries, and remember, even during the days of Cold War musician were trying to promote peace and friendship. After the fall of Soviet Union musicians from East and West were trying to create connections with each other, because music is universal language, expressing our feelings without any words. It’s a connection from soul to soul, from heart to heart, never having any borders. No matter were we live, we need to support this unity of creative minds and souls, who we are. I was asked by many authors from Russia, will Envato continue to work with Russian authors? Can someone in Envato explain, what they think, how they feel, how they see current situation? @camgough could you reach us here, in this topic, please? Thanks.

27 Likes

Welcome to Kharkiv, Kyiv right now. And watch this by your own

7 Likes

I’ve had to remove a few posts from this thread, mostly for going off on tangents about previous wars through history. Please keep this thread focused on the current conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

To echo some of the sentiments expressed here so far:

I think that we all want a swift end to this conflict, however that can be brought about. There will be long-lasting effects felt by many of us, though - no matter how quickly the fighting is stopped.

Please, remember that there are real people behind every username you see on your screen. Many are afraid for their safety, their livelihoods, or those of their friends and family. It’s a time of incredible pressure, and tempers will run hot.

But: what we also have here is a community of people, all skilled creatives in their own disciplines, connected across borders. That’s not a trivial thing, and it’s a reason why it is important to work together. Hold on to those things, and not to differences in geography.

Two general requests:

• Don’t demand to see proof of the violence, from Ukrainian colleagues sharing their stories out of cities that are under attack. If you demand verification from them claiming “fake news!” you will be temporarily suspended from these forums.

• Don’t assume that anyone supports the conflict, based only on their location. Posts that attack our Russian colleagues holding them responsible for the violence will also result in your forum account being temporarily suspended.

As stated at the top of this thread, we will be keeping you informed about any changes that will affect our Author community, as soon as we are able to. Until any official announcements are made, please don’t contact staff members privately (DM/email/etc) trying to find out more information: we will be sharing all such news publicly.

25 Likes