Envato statement on Ukraine and Russia (Feb 28)

@Monoshape @malis
I understand that it’s hard to keep calm, cuz we’re all overwhelmed with emotions,
but please, restrain yourself from comments, that could abuse or accuse someone.

You always can keep that kind of discussion privately via personal messages.

I’m sure that Envato will find a solution to help everyone.

5 Likes

There is a full-scale war going on in Ukraine. The Russian army is bombing civilian towns, hospitals, and residential areas with cruise missiles. I already got used to sleeping to the sound of sirens, gunfire, and explosions.
Yesterday a Russian cruise missile hit an apartment block not far from my house. This is a reality for millions of people right now. But Ukrainians will not give up and will fight for freedom to the very end. In Kyiv, 25,000 volunteers have taken up assault rifles just in a couple of days and are guarding their streets and homes. Those who cannot hold arms are building fortifications and digging trenches. Ukrainian people go on tanks with their bare hands. More than 5000 Russian soldiers already died in Ukraine. In just 4 days.
So now Putin, in agony, is threatening to use nuclear weapons. It could unleash a nuclear war and be the end of our civilization. We are deciding the future of our world and our planet. It just so happens that Ukraine is in the forefront of this war. The heroism of Ukrainian people is enormous as they are facing the biggest country in the world alone. And Belorussia is now about to join. Yesterday Belorussia had a “referendum” and they are no longer nuclear free.
Putin is enacting the genocide this with the hands of Russian and Belarusian soldiers. The Russian and Belarusian societies silently consent. Please, Russians and Belarusians, don’t be silent, protest against the war.
We need all the help we can get right now. Including explaining to people what is really going on. Please do not be indifferent. Ukrainian people are standing up for all the civilized values of our planet such as democracy, freedom, rule of law. Stand with Ukraine right now! There will be NO tomorrow if you don’t act RIGHT NOW. Stop war. Stop Putin. Stop the nuclear threat.
Because right now russions are used to being passive, they avoid the news, they pretend nothing is happening. They are afraid to go to the streets. They are afraid to lose their money. We have been letting them to make money while their government killed people in Georgia, Ukraine, Chechnya. Therefore, they think they can just wait for this to be over. Russians who must rise, go to the streets, and break the spine of their tyranny – only they, from inside, CAN stop Putin for all. We need to show them that this time they have no such choice as to sit at home and wait for their oil and gas money, while the whole civilized world suffers from their dictator.
This time we need to destroy Putin’s regime forever. Because no one (NO ONE) in this world may use nuclear arms as a threat. It is the last drop. IT IS THE LAST DROP, ACT NOW.

20 Likes

There are many nuclear power plants in Ukraine. They can be accidentally or purposefully damaged, which will lead to an environmental disaster throughout the world. Not to mention that Putin could start a third nuclear world war that would not only target Ukraine. I believe that the US and Russia can come to some kind of agreement and stop the war, but for some reason this is not happening.
Ukrainians want to live in peace and do not want to take part in what goes on behind the scenes.

5 Likes

I, dear, do not propagandize anything, I have the right to express my opinion as I understand, dear, be careful with your statements, do not mislead the moderators and authors of the community with your message, please have respect

1 Like

It’s not far from where I grew up. The city of Bucha, buildings after shelling with rockets.

10 Likes

I am a respected person, I do not provoke anyone, I have the right to express my opinion as I understand, dear, be careful with your statements, have respect

It’s a really unpleasant situation. It’s really sad to think about it. I hope the situation returns to the former world without war.

2 Likes

Ukraine asks for ceasefire in talks with Russia BBC

4 Likes

It is not far from my house in Kyiv. We are woken up by explosions all the time. The Russian army is shelling houses. Most of my neighbors have been living in the basement for several days now. It’s very scary. It is not Putin who shoots, it is Russian soldiers who shoot with the tacit consent of the Russian people. Stop the war!! Do not follow the attack orders!

11 Likes

“The Ministry of Defense of Belarus has announced a four-day training for those liable for military service” … we already see what happened after the russian trainings … Belarusians, do not believe the dictators!

6 Likes

Россия развязала полноценную войну, вы не имели на это никакого права!

6 Likes

This topic was intended for support, not for blame and accusations. We are artists, not fighters. We do not declare wars, we do not justify wars, we do not wage wars, we dont try to find a reason in the war. We do art, thats all. Peace to all. Ukranians, you are great, stay strong!

12 Likes

[edited by mod] We already have more than 2,000 people in prison for going out 5 days ago to a rally in support of Ukraine.

1 Like

Remember, first victim in a war is truth. Stop provoke each other, please

11 Likes

This is madness and the greatest shame for our entire Russian people for decades, even if by some miracle we manage to stop this war. We’ve been fighting the Putin regime for ten years, but our protests were not enough. Unfortunately, we must admit that a significant part of our population, especially the older generation, believes in TV propaganda and supports Putin. I hope this military and economic catastrophe will change it, and soon we’ll live in a new Russia. But our problems fade in comparison with what our friends and colleagues in IT Sector (and Gamedev in particular) from Ukraine are experiencing. Women and children are leaving for neighboring countries, and their men are taking up arms. Who could have imagined that such a thing was still possible?

18 Likes

Many people in Russian cities took to the streets to protest against the attack on Ukraine.
My parents live in Kyiv (and I was born in Ukraine). Now I live in Moscow and I can’t do anything!
We cannot, as in all countries, take to the streets. Previously, we were simply beaten and fined. Now we face prison for protesting.

13 Likes

I moved to Russia from Kazakhstan and was not interested in politics in any way. At the moment I’m trying to help my friends from Ukraine, which is in my power. Here people receive little information about what is happening in Ukraine, censorship and propaganda are doing their job. My son is growing up and it is in my power to influence him, people also go to rallies, more than 5,000 have already been detained. The people are intimidated, censorship, criminal terms, propaganda have done their job, unfortunately

8 Likes

well, if tomorrow you will be sent to war to Ukraine, you go and die or you refuse and you will be also in prison, and you will be alone with this. The whole rally will not be imprisoned, and Putin is not eternal, who will change your country for you? (Also if you believe you media about 5,000 detained, remember that population of russia is 144 million people)

1 Like

you will be intimidated, told that everyone has already been imprisoned, deceived and lied but if you stand up for each other, spread the truth, save people from war, then something will change

1 Like

Thank you for telling the truth. We are aware that even making a such speach here can be risky for you. It is horrible how terror, propaganda and misinformation works :frowning:

9 Likes