Envato Elements Subscription - Customizing designs for an on-demand website

I am building a website for a group of realtors. The realtors would pick from a list of available website designs. I plan to use some of the templates from Envato Elements and customize them to suit Realtor’s needs. The templates won’t be used as-is and realtors are not allowed to download any of the templates. Its a cookie-cutter website where a Realtor uploads his/her image, provides a description, contact info etc. and this is applied to the selected design which is a customized version of one of the templates downloaded on Envato.

I have recently subscribed to Envato Elements subscription. The FAQs do mention that items downloaded from Envato Elements cannot be used on On-Demand websites without customizations. I plan to make good enough customizations that the original and new design would look very different.

I also plan to use images from Envato elements on my customized templates.

Does my subscription allow it me to use it for my purpose?

You would need to download a unique copy of the template in use for each time you create a new item using it.

You must also be subscribed at all times when using the item until the project is complete i.e. you cannot download a template, then unsubscribe, and continue to use it in new projects

1 Like

I don’t mind keeping my subscription active, but I won’t be creating a new item each time though.

I have shortlisted about 10 different personal portfolio website designs. I plan to enhance them into a realtor website that shows realtor specific elements (House search, featured listings, Real estate related background photos etc.).

The Users on my website would be free to pick any of the customized designs for their website. They would upload their profile picture, provide relevant information like address, brief bio etc.

All this is automated, does not require any manual work from my side. Users logs in, provides/updates the details, picks a template. Save and their website gets updated with selected design.

So this is an on-demand use of the designs but the design will be heavily customized into something else.

Does the subscription allow this use?

In that case no, you cannot use any envato items for that purpose.

Envato would see each client who chooses a design and adds their information as a new and unique project.

Ok so I subscribed to Envato in error then. is there a way to get a refund?

You’d need to talk to Envato Elements Help and Support

thanks

Rule no12 Envato Elements License https://elements.envato.com/license-terms: - "You can’t use an Item in any application allowing an end user to customize a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application."

So, that’s a no.