Element 3D V2

@C_You

we discussed about pre-render from Element 3D when the first version come up. Andrew answered about this in that thread. While in my opinion this is an important aspect that make no sense when using Element3D to render motion graphics that use none of the assets on sale on videocopilot or are bundled with the plugin, in the end anyone is free to license his product how he wants. :slight_smile:

You can see that debate in this thread bellow.

@AndrewKramer

Thank You for joining us. The plugin is awesome, congratulation to you an the team.

Said this, and no critique to the quality of the software, I still think it needs some more attention to content creators.

For example, while I can understand that it make no sense to sell the version 1 anymore maybe you can bundle it together with v2 for compatibility? Is certain that only a small percentage of plugin owners have the need to have both version installed but that percentage is important as they create content and provide reasons for other people to buy the plugin and have the need to support their own products.

Thing is that authors need to get back to their template if some bug is reported by the buyer. It will be annoying to go back and forth installing and uninstalling each version to check buyers request if the bug is reported by owners of the first or second version.

Ideally the authors could update all their templates to v2 but this can’t happen unfortunately.

Don’t know how can this be done technically but just a few ideas bellow.

Maybe it can be created a special version of Element3D for content creators that bundle both Element 3D versions and that can install both plugins on request.

I’m thinking that having both v1 and v2 on in the same project is impossible so when opening a project that use Element or when adding the effect to a layer for the first time in a session, the plugin can ask if you want to use v1 or v2 and then for the entire session you will use the version you’ve chosen and you can save the file with that version.

If the plugin is already present and is a v1 then it can ask if you want to continue with this version or you want to update to v2. If is v2 then off course it will use automatically v2.