Dynamic range TT Meter - Great tool - Free download

Hey guys not sure if some of you have heard of the TT dynamic range meter, but its a great tool that i’ve been using and im sure many others are also, and thought that id share this article with you, its a free download and i personally find the plug in very useful in measuring loudness and dynamic range of your music. so i thought i’d share

thanks guys enjoy

http://productionadvice.co.uk/how-to-avoid-over-compressing-your-mix/

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: awesome tool here!

Thanks Abir, this is a great tool for assessing the dynamic range of your compositions. I have found it difficult to reach an “official” DR of 14. That rating is considered the “primo” dynamic range rating for songs. But at the same time, it’s kind of up to personal taste and the type of music to which you are applying it. It’s funny that the whole “loudness war” thing focusses on Metallica’s “Death Magnetic” album. I’ll bet the reason Death Magnetic has an overall DR rating of 4 is due to the liklihood that Metallica was attempting to attain their “older” classic sound. I personally thought they did a good job of doing that. But, I like the idea of having more dynamic range in music, and I think it’s a good idea to have a “standard” implemented. Anyway, thanks again for posting the link.

Abir this is an amazing find, thank you. :slight_smile:

Holy moley, this is a cool tool. I can happily say that my first album has a average rating of 16 :stuck_out_tongue: All bragging over, dynamics don’t exactly mean much other than more headroom for listening pleasure. In the long run, compression is the biggest cause for loss of dynamics. Personally, I LOVE having headroom and hearing all the different instruments and ear candy!

The way I look at it is this - If the greats like Alan Parsons, Roger Nichols, etc, think it sounds good, then it probably does :stuck_out_tongue: