Domain based license for an item

Hi all,
Is it possible to add domain validation for each sold product license ? And Is it allowed by Enavto?

Scene:
I have a codecanyon item, I want to add domain validation for each licence. I have very satisfied clients still number of sales of low. I think people are using my item for multiple domains.

Regards

Yes you are allowed to do domain validation through the license key. A lot of scripts and plugins or themes already have this integrated.

1 Like

Is there any prototype/example available for it ? I haven’t tested API yet.
Thanks

Hmm, I don’t know if there is a perfect class or script for you to use but a good start will be checking the Envato API Documentation.

You can also go to github and make a quick search for Envato Verification. Basically what you need to do is to verify the license key and then depending on the response (License OK or NOT OK), use some conditionals to remove/add/show pages, continue installation, who knows, whatever you want to do after key verification :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response. Last question!!

Can I ask to buyer for domain and licences key (first time installation ) : Validate the key and make a record on my database using REST and fetch remote database file for installation from my server to direct user database host after successful validation.

So next time I can validate that particular user using previous history.

I think its not a good solution to request a user’s domain name just to use the script/plugin. Basically what you are saying here is too difficult for some users.

• Take into consideration that some users will use the script on localhost;
  • Some users will use the license on development site, before migrating it to live site;

These days, clients are searching for quick steps to achieve the functionality from your plugin.

Can I ask to buyer for domain and licences key (first time installation ) : Validate the key and make a record on my database using REST and fetch remote database file for installation from my server to direct user database host after successful validation.

This is too much. You need to fetch automatically the domain when the client activates the script. Don’t know, add some sort of tracking code. Many plugins have this integrated.

Hey @UltimateKode,

We have implemented our own license validation system in our Plugins, because we also found a lot of illegal download sites, offering our produtcs for free, even including how to hack our validation system. But also we (still) have a lot of buyers who just want to install our plugins on multiple URL’s.

Implementing an URL/License check in PHP applications (1 purchase code for 1 URL) won’t prevent users from using your product more than once, but it is a good starting point!

So I can really advise you to do this!

1 Like

Hi,
it will be great if you can provide such kind of demonstration. Thank you

WHMCS have licensing addon that checks domains and ip’s - it’s not free $99. I’m implementing it in to my php scripts for codecanyon. check it out.

one idea that come to my mind is that by using this api i can sell items on codecanyon and ask people to log into another website to get a unique license per domain name ,

in this website the following can be done :

get the user connected via Oauth
then see if he made a purchase
then ask him what domain name he will use the item for
then generate a unique license for this unique domain name

if you don’t do this there is no other way to protect your items from beeing used in multiple end products

plus many people will share your items for free in forums or so

do you think what i said is good as idea ?

I am pretty sure that would breach agreements and privacy but you should check with Envato support https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

well let see their answer , i asked them