Does Identifyy have a form to clear copyright claims?

Unfortunately, I have no first hand experience with Identifyy. I didn’t find any info on their site about such a form nor what would their claim lifting procedure be. But their support should have the answer, or maybe authors who are registered with them could tell you more (@WavebeatsMusic, @rawvibrations ?)

The pdf help is a great idea, by the way!

As for that Youtuber’s reply, well it doesn’t make much sense to me.

First, he doesn’t address the issue you raised. Saying “thieves are gonna thieve whatcha gonna do about it”, is a stupidly empty statement. The point here is that by not registering our music, we are exposing our buyers to more “headache and hassles”.

The part about copyright is just gibberish and irrelevant.

The part about buyers wanting to be able to use the music as much as they want without having to deal with anything may indeed be true… so? I myself would love to use the subway without those pesky controls and turnstiles.

Now I don’t deny that many Youtubers hate ContentID, but this hate either comes from ignorance about what it is and how it works, or because they are not used to actually licensing music or, if they do, respecting the license terms.

Coming from an author, this is just ill advised demagogy, that does not contribute anything positive to the issue.

1 Like