I wanted to know, does CodeCanyon templates requires any documentation file to submit or include on the package? Because, on the item details of CodeCanyon template, there are no “well-documented” note mentioned like ThemeForest. So, do I have to include the documentation along with the submitted zip file or not? Please let me know.
Thanks & Regards
Yes, CodeCanyon items must come with a documentation.
Create your Help File Documentation
Every item in CodeCanyon requires a basic documentation file to help customers use your item. This should include
- Concise instructions on installation, customization and use
- General instructions or further information
- Details and links to assets used that you need to credit
- The documentation should be written in English and formatted as a .pdf or HTML document.
- You may create a screencast or flash instructions in addition to, but not instead of, text instructions. Please find details on how to upload video previews for the CSS category here.
- You can download this documentation template.
Note: Do not assume that the buyer of your item has any significant level of coding knowledge. When preparing your documentation, treat the buyer like a beginner. Incorporate clear explanations and visuals when necessary.
For more information regarding item preparation and technical requirements, please take a look at this article → https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000471583-Code-Item-Preparation-Technical-Requirements