Developer license when buying/selling WordPress plugins

I’m not selling anything but you’re right. I won’t be back. I was interested but not now because I have not been able to get an answer from codecanyon.

@PhilEsq, your right. Your specific situation is not explicitly addressed by the licensing terms.

I’m not staff, regardless here’s my take on the matter:

1. You are the only client.
  2. You have a single application.

In the above scenario, the single application is one that is serving multiple domains where each domain shares the same instance of the codebase, so there is only one single application serving all your domains, this falls under a single application. If you have to install a separate instance of your application / per domain, this is multi-use and you need a separate license for each installation.

The current licensing terms address the licensing on a single application basis and are not limited to a single domain, hence it does not make sense in your scenario to limit you by domain.

I understand you seek clear language saying exactly what I’ve written above and IANAL but the terms make strong reference to a single application and what I’ve stated above can be implied which should put you in the clear unless the terms specify otherwise, which is not the case.

Please don’t let the licensing terms make you shy away from making purchases. There are lots of great items here at codecanyon with good pricing, so reconsider :stuck_out_tongue:

I said I wasn’t going to respond anymore, but I guess I will just to be clear. I don’t know what I have. I have Multisite with multiple domains and each appears to be a separate site and are “installed” separately from within one instance of Multisite but all are maintained through the one instance of Multisite. I will not venture a “guess” as to what I have. A developer’s license will take care of that. I was interested in a plugin here and that’s why I sought clarification but as I said, I can get it elsewhere if an authorized person from codecanyon doesn’t want to answer. Although I appreciate your time, I can not legally rely on users to propose a guess.

PhilEsq,

Look at it this way: you are dealing with a big company here. As a genuine potential customer looking for answers on a specific and slightly complicated licensing issue, you’re unlikely to get a thorough answer by asking questions on that companies website forums. The staff hired to deal with the licensing issues is not the same staff hired to look after the community forums. If you want your questions to reach the right people, open a support ticket ( http://support.envato.com/ ), and your questions will hopefully be forwarded to the right people.