Dandelion theme not working - what's happening?

Help!!

I use the Dandelion theme but my site seems to be offline. Help! It seems to have started after I downloaded Wordpress 5.1.1. Whenever I tried to update a comment or plugin, it took a long time and sometimes didn’t do it. I then saw I had a Dandelion Theme update. I updated that but I noticed it said download the Dandelion update BEFORE updating Wordpress 5.1. Too late. Now my site is either offline or looking odd.

Our URL is:

This CloudFlare page now appears in my dashboard:

(httTp:/ [my website address] is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare’s Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by [Cloudflare](https://www.cloudflare.com/5xx-error-landing?utm_so

After trying to update a plugin, it says this:

If you’re the owner of this website
The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.Additional troubleshooting information here.

Please help someone!! We need our site back online asap. We have no idea what has happened. Is this a hosting issue or a WP issue? Should I de-install Wordpress 5.1? If so, how do I do that safely?

Many thanks to whoever answers this.
Ben

I would probably recommend not using WordPress 5.0 until all the plugins you’re using have been made compatible. With so many changes in 5.0 things can end up a bit broken like you’ve seen :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, Is it possible to de-install Wordpress 5 and go back to an earlier version? How is that done? Might we have lost our database and data?

Thanks
Ben

Here’s some instructions that may help rolling back your WordPress - https://www.alexkras.com/how-to-rollback-wordpress-5-to-older-version/