Changes To How Authors Receive Earnings Payouts From Envato

PS: Aditionally to the loss of money every author has by a automated monthly payment (see my pos above) there’s also another problem for authors in many countries! A monthly payment is something very different than a unregular payment.
Getting monthly payments might cause big problems with taxes and related things such as health insurenace etc… A monthly payment can be seen as a employment relationship!. At least in Germany authors can get serious problems with their tax offices!!!

1 Like

Will authors be able to change the account owner at times during a year? (It is currently possible with resubmitting the W8 form)
This might be critical for partnerships. @jamesgiroux

2 Likes

Wrong. You can delete it from site anytime you want. The uploaded content is yours and you have the full rights to it. However I agree with you that Envato now it’s like a loterry.

And, please write in english here. Don’t mix the languages because many users here will have to use a translator to understand what you write.

1 Like

I’m not sure of the tax situation in Germany, but surely receiving regular payments based on recent sales would create considerably less serious problems with the tax office… than an author picking and choosing when they get paid for sales, and varying amounts coming in inconsistently, for sales that may have been made a month ago or a year ago?

If you’re an individual then no. You can’t sell, transfer or give away an account, so only you can be the account holder… and you can only use a withdrawal method that belongs to the account holder. So there should be no reason for the name on the W8 and/or your account, to change at any point. An exception would be if you were to officially change your name… at which point you might be requested to provide proof of that.

There may be an exception if you have signed up as a company, so you’d be filling out the W8-BEN-E form instead of the W8-BEN form. But the point of that isn’t just so you can use a different withdrawal method every month so you can pay a partner. But anyway, hopefully James can clarify.

Thanks for the answer!

receiving one payment a year, no matter when the sales were, is much less a problem then getting paid monthly from one and the same payer… You account the payment only when you get the money. If this is once a year (or less) it’s not a problem. If you get monthly money from the same source the tax office tells you that you`re in an employment relationship and call it “scheinselbständig”

Maybe for you, but you were on about the tax office. Do you do annual returns? If so, the data you provide will be the same total, whether you’re paid every month or once a year.

Are you sure about that? If that’s actually the legal standpoint of German employment law, then you would have a valid case to issue a court summons to Envato for never providing you with holiday pay and the like. What if you own a physical shop and get a monthly income from that, or you’re a pop star and get a monthly income from record sales etc? Surely they’re not employees?

Even if it’s true, delaying payment so you can pay tax later would definitely be tax avoidance and it’s going to be very close to the border when it comes to tax evasion.

2 Likes

My question is: I’m already linking my Payoneer to my Envato account but didn’t set it as default payment, But I don’t have a bank account yet to add it as a Swift, After 28 February will be able to add my bank account or not? I want to withdraw my money using Swift not Payoneer!

@jamesgiroux @SpaceStockFootage
I Just Got Another Question.

What Happens If An Author Doesn’t Withdraw Their Earnings For Months ? (if The Author (account) is Not Active)
Do you Keep Them In Their Account ? or Will You Take Any Fee. ?

(Is it too hard for Envato to stay calm and stop inventing new announcements and decisions that all of them are against the AUTHORS !!!)

Well said!

1 Like

VERY BAD DECISION!
Why do i have to see a new restriction everytime i start to move forwars on envato??
Since Envato moved to US everytime a bad new is announced!..When does this wanna stop??

I DO NOT WANT TO WITHDRAW MONTHLY!..

I wanna know exactly how is it illegal by any law! (Unless its an obligation forced by a cruel system!) :rage:

3 Likes

Hi,

I see a lot of questions here but, there is no answer! Does it mean, we need to contact support?

They get automatically withdrawn to your current account. :slight_smile:

@Enabled My question please:

From my side I will increase my prices to cover the losses I get from this change. If people will buy less I will change my account from exclusive to non exclusive and setup a payment on my own web site.
The nice thing is then that I can offer more attractive licences for my plugin. The current way is comfortable for me right now but time changes…

I’m still wondering that there is no better way to transfer money. If bitcoins would not change their value every day around 10% this would be an option as even taxes for this kind of payment in Europa does not apply.

So time will tell :).

1 Like

Simply open a ticket and you can get a 100% proper answer! :slight_smile:

very great
Thank you very much <3

I meam if payment fails, if author given withdrawal details are wrong. Or author didn’t add payment details. What happens?

I’ve answered this a few times further up.