Can I import video templates into Cyberlink PowerDirector?

I’ve seen several posts in here asking if the video files in Elements is suitable for Cyberlink PowerDirector (no replies as yet so I’m posting too to see if anyone can help please?). I’d be grateful for any help with the technical side of things please :wink:

My question is…am I able to make use of the video TEMPLATES available in Elements in Cyberlink PD17? I can see the product filter offers categories for After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion and Premiere Pro only - how do I search for Cyberlink compatible footage? Will the file formats for any of these four programmes work with Cyberlink too?

I’m using Cyberlink as it’s within my budget and is one of the top recommended editors for Windows.

Cyberlink accepts the following file formats:
MVC (MTS), MOD, MOV (H.264, H.265), Dual-Stream AVI, MPEG-1, FLV (H.264), MPEG-2, MKV (multiple audio streams), MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), 3GPP2, *MP4 (XAVC-S), AVCHD (M2T, MTS), TOD, AVI, VOB, DAT, WMV, **DivX, WMV-HD, DV-AVI, WTV in H.264/MPEG2 (multiple video and audio streams), DVR-MS, DSLR video clip in H.264 format with LPCM audio, *H.265/HEVC in 8bit /10 bit (4:2:0) (MP4/MKV/M2TS), WEBM (VP9)

The stock video should work but it seems highly unlikely that an AE or Premiere file is going to open or at least work correctly using a different software esp. outside of the Adobe suite.