Becoming a Web Developer That Can Build Themes and Web Apps

Hello!!!

So. I’ve had this question come up so many times in my head and never bothered to ask it. Googled it a few times and was never successful in finding an answer.

So one thing that bugs me is that I’m a creative thinker and it’s really frustrating for me to go back and forth being pushed around left and right, course to course, instructor after instructor. I really want to know how I can go about creating themes for Envato Market. Funny thing is that I always see “how to make a wordpress theme…” threads here and there, but never someone explaining how to make a theme that sells on Envato Market. Maybe I’ve missed it or lacked the ability to find it.

I know that the marketplace on Envato is fairly broad. Ranging from Wordpress themes to Shopify themes and others. All I’m looking for is a breakdown of the languages needed to create themes.

So far I have HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, and MySQL under my belt. I still have to get used to Bootstrap and other frameworks. What else do I need to learn? I mean, there is a workflow on how businesses or individuals create themes to put onto Envato isn’t there? I understand there may be more than one way in creating themes, but a workflow would be nice. A nice detailed workflow of how one goes from coding static websites to amazing themes that one can sell!

Thanks!

P.S. If you have any recommendations on what language I should learn please be sure to add that in as well. Thanks!