AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Very true. Raising the quality/uniqueness bar + reducing published items by 90% is a step that alone would actually go a long way to restore the health and sustainability for the market. This would encourage quality, uniqueness and also reduce price dumping due to less desperate authors.

Meanwhile, best sellers of the last day. Find 1 “mistake” :grinning:

7 Likes

WOW - that $5 sure is a mistake.

6 Likes

Looks like AudioJungle transfers itself into a 1$ scrap market. Well done !
The original sense of ADP was to give the authors a tool to make good money for good work cause creativity is a valuable good
But as we see all over the world, if you enable the communality to work with strategic tools, that could increase the income for all, only daft things will come out cause some dim-witted start the decrease and the rest of the Lemmings follow.

Well done Mr. President

8 Likes

It seems to me that there’s some internal rating for each author, based on previous history and activities like uploading and updating items, bringing more customers via affiliate program, forum presence, etc., wich affects author’s position in search results. So, elite (or just successeful) authors can still earn something, even if they don’t upload much. Or maybe it’s just because of external marketing, i don’t know. What i do know, it’s that for small authors like me sales are dissapearing completely in next 3-5 days after latest upload. You stop uploading - you get nothing. I’m not talking about 10-12 track in a month, but at least 3-5. Many (almost every) “teachers” or “mentors” on YouTube, who talks about RF music, are putting in this way: “keep uploading, it’s numbers game, you can make it”, etc., bringing more and more authors who just copy and clone what they saw in YT tutorial. Another problem is, IMO, that most of the customers just don’t need something very special, because they’re not professional video makers. They just whant to have “like everyone else, but in different color”. In another hand, if someone is professional video maker, the customer isn’t, and everything goes the same way: “i whant classy corporate thing, you know”, or “i whant that huge epic music, you know, like in a movie”. And over all of it there’s COVID with lockdowns, everything was delayed, postponed or canceled. So, the fact that this market is still breathing is almost a miracle.

6 Likes

I wanted to add something to the discussion that’s happened here, I don’t understand why authors are selling their tracks for $5 because price doesn’t matter that much as per my experience, I have always got nearly the same revenue per week with my sales regardless of my pricing and I have even tried marking my tracks at $7 this and last week, I have earned less than what I was earning. So lower pricing doesn’t always mean more sales, until you are making exactly what the market needs at the time, which most elite and experienced authors know. You can always try marking your tracks for lesser price in the first two weeks as the item launch period to check if the track sells or not, and if it doesn’t sell immediately then there’s no point to keep it on a lower price because we end up loosing revenue in that case, as it will sell over time. So as a relatively new author, I don’t understand the concept of selling at a lower price. Prices doesn’t affect the revenue that much in my experience, infact lower prices have decreased it in my case.

Also there are a lot of subscription libraries now, so the market is shifting, customers who are still interested in buying a single license for a track are decreasing, specially big corporate brands, youtubers, people making regular podcasts, anyone who need music on a regular basis. So people now are coming to AudioJungle only when they want that specific track which they found on AudioJungle exclusively. So price won’t matter in that case. There are ton of good libraries available on the royalty free market, which are subscription based. So if someone is buying from AudioJungle then they probably really want that particular track and would be happy to pay a good price for it. Also if the sales are less then we better get a good price for the sales we are making. So let’s just focus on the quality and make great music, and sell it at a respectable price.

This is just my opinion as per my experience.

4 Likes

I highly doubt this is true… They can’t even make improvements to search engine and automations like bulk edit items in portfolio. :slight_smile: Such advanced author tracking sounds like science fiction compared to this basic issues.

If such system existed BlueFoxAudio would not make a post about going non exclusive due to lack of sales. He is top 10 sellers. And Pink Zebra would be in all popular lists. :wink:

3 Likes

As for the number of downloads, for me personally, it works. The last track was uploaded a week ago and there will be no more track downloads this month. There are no sales for the fourth day and most likely there will be no sales either. So for authors with little experience at AJ, unfortunately, you have to find a compromise between quantity and quality.
As for the sales in January … the second half, contrary to expectations, turned out to be worse for me than the first. Sadly everything … :mask: :confused:

3 Likes

One large license saved my month, and average monthly income indicator. There are a couple more days, I hope I get exactly 1200 sales by the end of January. :wink: :pray:

11 Likes

I need to exchange my F5 key after this month :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ahhhh, yes, the good old F5 times. I miss so much the days when you came back home to press F5 with your eyes fixed on the sales number and see how it increased… maybe I should dump everything to $5 for a few weeks just for the sake of feeling that thrill again…

10 Likes

Hi @WaveToys !

But what about copy-paste tracks? For example, immediately 30 items in 1 day. :joy:

We have seen such “grief - authors” quite recently! :joy:

More details here! :arrow_down:

And if there are 5 accounts from one author, they will not surpass in number either? 150 tracks per day!

Well, a maximum of 3 days! :face_with_monocle: (If the copy-paste-author falls asleep by accident! :joy:)

What to do in this case? :joy:

5 Likes

First sale of the week, on friday… :rofl:

3 Likes

That is really sad to hear, but I commend your bravery and I’m sure your portfolio will be a big hit in other libraries. Moving forward instead of stagnating is a good choice I think. Your talents in generating traffic will serve you better at a place that really appreciates it, I’m sure of it.

9 Likes

Thank you, the support means a lot! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

4 days without sales. I can’t wait to start selling properly! This is annoying already!

But the top tracks for $ 5 are simply filled with sales from “beggars-homeless buyers”! :neutral_face: :no_mouth:
Horror!

6 Likes

The solution:

Create something that buyers want and then sell it really cheap. Problem solved.

4 Likes

That’s right, and eat fresh air. No, this is not for me, I appreciate my music.

When I was looking for a lost track today for one buyer from the forum, I just came to shock how many tracks there were for $ 5 and also the fact these tracks are so often bought. It is immediately clear that the music here is almost free. And this is frightening, because the market now resembles a very cheap “second hand”.

9 Likes

Hope February will be more productive! Good sales everyone!

7 Likes

December and January a real disaster

5 Likes

And another website also lowered the minimum price to $5 now…

I entered the month with a 65% approval rate, pretty brutal haha

2 Likes