AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

It looks like it will be the worst month in the last half a year (excluding August). :mask:

4 Likes

4 days no sales!

7 Likes

If we mention other sites names on here we risk getting banned for it.

1 Like

Oh thanks for telling me

It’s silly I know, but I found out the hard way.

2 Likes

It’s fair enough, I hadn’t read all the ts and Cs so thanks for the heads up! I’ll read the forum rules more closely tomorrow. Cheers

Your last sale was $10 10 days ago.

3 Likes

Very slow month for sure, also i got first sale reversal in this year, so now i’m below withdrawal threshold again, wich is very frustrating. Still, there’s one week left till the end of the month, so fingers crossed!

3 Likes

SS

I guess it’s time to get a fixed, full-time job. : )

4 Likes

Horrendous month and a super slow start of the Year!
Still I wish all my Jungle mates a great selling and healthy week!
:four_leaf_clover: :heart: :raised_hands:

13 Likes

I’m headed for the dreaded zero-sale mark for this month. No worries, be happy!

4 Likes

It is sad

1 Like

I am having the worst month since 2017. when I started to do this seriously. (I don’t count years before because I was not active or serious)

BUT, I keep geting lower (lower is better) on the author number list, currently 468th for sales on Audiojungle. A few days back I was 469, and a few months back I was number 500. And I never dumped the prices to achieve this, in fact I have them all higher than AJ standard before self pricing was introduced.

What does this mean? It means almost everyone is doing terrible and even worse than me, and the whole marketplace is in a coma.

I’ve been relying on Envato as my main income, and for 2 years I was doing really well, I reached 4 figures monthly easily even at the middle of the month, and this was very predictable. Now I’m not even close to that.
I also brought them thousands of customers via my affiliate marketing efforts.

Sadly, I don’t see the marketplace I once loved and focused my whole energy on it anymore. This extreme drop has been going on for months and I’ve applied to become non-exclusive. My exclusivity ends in a few days so I will bring traffic and use my energy and time elsewhere.

You finally did it Envato, one bad decision after another for years and completely ignoring author’s ideas, and the market has finally crashed to the point where elite authors are leaving. I see even some big top sellers are going non exclusive now and leaving the boat before it sinks.

Sorry for this pessimistic status, but sadly it’s true and it’s heartbreaking to have to look for a home elsewhere after so many years of loyalty.

21 Likes

I don´t think it’s a pessimistic status, it is a realistic status.

6 Likes

I really thought, that I could upgrade my future pension in 10 years with selling music on AudioJungle.
Well…I guess, not even a beer can be payed even next year if this trend continues. :beer: :beer: :beer:

6 Likes

It seems the month ended for me on last week.
Lets wait for February goes not so worse than this.

A picture i took yesterday, just for distract about sales.
Good luck in Feb!

8 Likes

@WaveToys , I’m really sorry that you have lost hope that the market situation will improve. I wish all authors every success, without exception. But why don’t you look at the situation objectively. There are 55 works in your portfolio. You have uploaded 7 works in the last year. It seems to me that in a highly competitive environment, this is quite small. Many authors try to upload 6-8 works a month to stay in the stream. Even so, things don’t always go well for them. Unfortunately, AJ is not a passive source of income, it requires serious investments and efforts.

3 Likes

@SolarStock Thanks for nice wishes, appreciate it mate! :slight_smile:

Regarding your theory, I get it in one way and agree with you, but on the other hand, let’s see top 10 authors on AudioJungle (sound FX authors not included)

1. Pink Zebra - 481 items
  2. StockSounds - 173 items
  3. Tim McMorris - 76 items
  4. SoundRoll - 426 items
  5. SkyProductions - 67 items
  6. BlueFoxMusic - 156 items
  7. AurusAudio - 123 items
  8. AudioQuattro - 98 items
  9. RedLionProduction - 163 items
  10. Guitarsstate - 548 items

…the list goes on with similar numbers. You can see that only a few of these authors have more than 200 uploads, a few of them are under 100. (and there are also packs, kits and maybe some logos in portfolios so these are not all full tracks)
Most of these authors are here for 8 years at least.
The youngest portfolio is 6 and the oldest one’s are 11 years old.

Btw. I had more tracks in 2017., but have deleted them because they were not geting sales and they were not fitting anymore with the style I was aiming for. :wink:

The popular opinion here is to upload more more more more and then a bit more just to stay at the surface and get a sale or two, and more recently under a very low price. I saw this “upload until your hands bleed” theory preached a lot. This only adds to the problem of market oversaturation and it’s one of the crucial problems why the marketplace is in such a bad shape.

6-8 items a month just to stay in the stream is not good enough, and no one should settle for that. If you make 8 tracks a month you should be getting decent sales on these tracks and your sales count should be going up each day.

I will make more tracks a month when and where that will make some sense, I see no point in uploading large amounts of content to this platform and then watch each song staying there with 0 or 1 sale and then going into search engine oblivion forever.

Yes, it’s true I could upload more often, I took a loooong break in 2019. because of personal issues and started uploading recently again.
But during that time, absolutely nothing changed. In fact, I was only growing more and stats were looking great and very predictable and precise each month. So yes - you CAN have a passive income from royalty-free music, and yes, it’s true this requires serious efforts and investments but this doesn’t mean to upload 3 tracks each day like people do.
Royalty free music market and demand is huge and you can technically sell the same track forever, it will still find new customers over and over. Last time I checked there was 120 000+ searches per month on google just for the term “royalty free music”, so that is at least 120 000 potential new ears to hear your “old” track for the first time. Think about it for a second :slight_smile:

Each track I upload very strategically and calculated, and I have a very strict plan and strategy for each upload. And I do A LOT of stuff before and after it is uploaded to bring each track to life as much as I can. For each track I upload I spend at least 1-2 weeks promoting it, making sure everything is optimized for discovery and slowly tweaking stuff in the background to make it work for me on “autopilot” for a long time. So, my strategy is "Work smart, not hard."
(Sadly, this doesn’t work solely inside Envato platform anymore, but it can still be applied on the promo side of things outside Envato)

And it served me extremely well but I cannot compete anymore with these insanely low prices, Elements banners, US 30% TAX, copycats with million same template items cluttering the very bad search engine, stupid title game, Envato completely ignoring everything but Elements and now closing doors to Elements, price dumping and promoting this with “great tracks under 12$” ads on the homepage and many other things and global pandemic on top of it. Nobody can survive this.

I bring the customer here from external link, the customer is ready to buy the track and then a big slap with the elements banner for thousands of music tracks for the half price of my track. Even if he gets through the checkout, he receives elements ad inside the “Thank you for purchase” email afterward. At the same time the doors of Elements are closed to me, so I’m doing free marketing. It’s crazy :smiley:

I will do my best to upload more now, but at a reasonable pace where I won’t have to sacrifice my quality standards and even try to improve them with each next track. And of course, I hope there is life outside Envato exclusivity :wink:
I would much rather have a regular day job than producing and uploading 3 tracks per day and hoping they will get at least 1 sale, this would drive me insane :smiley: It’s like manual work at some factory, I refuse to compose like a machine for pennies or saturating market with the same track with a changed melody or chord here and there.

Talking about machines, last week I saw music composing AI in action, and it was actually unbelievably good. :smiley:
It still has many flaws but it can crank out a simple “template-like” track in a second. It can easily make 10 000 average template-corporate tracks like I often see here a day, and no one would notice the difference.

Forget the quantity, you cannot beat it.

I hope this long post made some sense and maybe helped someone, wish you all the best! Don’t let anyone exploit your hard work. :heart:

19 Likes

First, apologize me for not to read all the post. But…

I would like to be like Tim… 76 items and third in sales, the percentage is… is there a word?.
It is important and relevant the date. I still remember in 2015/6 with some “i would like to sell something…” tracks, i sold some of them, and i was still trying to… but there were a market. Now i am still trying to record a “good track” and i think i am better than before, but the amount… it is likea tsunami envolving our creativity, our effort… sometimes i feel, i try, to put my heart in every composition, not just even to sell, ( sold it… perfect!!) but waiting for somebody to take their time to listen, now no more than 5 hours and your track is in the third page… It hurts.

8 Likes

I agree with all that has been said

1 Like