AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

I’m seeing a downturn throughout. Market oversaturation, lack of curation, and the subscription-based purchase model are the culprits, imo.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Octopusic! I have the same thing, an unexpected surge! It seems a little strange, but very nice! :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Unfortunately for me it’s not so good =)

2 Likes

Congrats man! Keep going!

3 Likes

OK, I just need one more sale to reach my next goal for this year - 4 times the earnings of 2018. :pray: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Omg, after a stream of sales, including a bunch of Extended Licenses, over the last few days my earnings for 2019 now equal 4 times those of 2018! :partying_face:

:heart: you, Santa! :santa: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Absolutely terrible month, the worst month in the last 3 years. Only 19 sales this month, last December 2018 there were 100 sales! I’m terribly upset (((

2 Likes

I will probably close this tab in my browser. It is very strange to observe a completely incomprehensible distribution of sales. Sometimes it goes off scale, and sometimes it is completely stopped. And recently, “discontinued” is happening much more often. This is a really weird forum thread. Just go in and complain. It used to be fun here, there was movement. Sometimes they cursed and discussed “conspiracy theories”. Now something has broken and now only depression.
I’ll probably come here to see what happens. But much later. This situation on AJ is very sad.

3 Likes

Only the sad report. The luky ones do not have a reason to post usually.

3 Likes

In short:

So i was moving slowly but steady right until Elements kicked in. Dunno what else is there to say. Stopped uploading. One sale this month, luckily it was a mass reproduction license. Maybe i should try that 5$ practise, nothing to lose anyways lol

3 Likes

Actually, there is at least one thing you will lose: Self-respect. Earning 87 cents or whatever to license one of your tracks just shows that you don’t truly value your own work. (Let’s set aside the issue of Elements authors earning even less per usage; they are making up for it in volume.)

The other unintended consequence of selling tracks for $5 is that it conditions buyers to expect cheap tracks, which makes it more difficult for everyone who isn’t selling their music for next to nothing.

The days of new tracks going on to sell thousands of licenses seem to be behind us, so there’s basically no chance a $5 track will put “real” money into your pocket. Ever.

Personally, I prefer selling one track for $49 rather than having to sell 40-50 at $5 each to earn the same amount.

I hope you see my point.

29 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!

3 Likes

Yes, I do understand. I didn’t mean literally sell for 5 bucks, maybe some small limited time “sale” here and there to see how it works. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. But looking at my frustrating graph, I guess there are more things to do and to think about these days on AJ. Some different strategies and tricks may help, combined.

4 Likes

Not a single sale this month. As usual December isn’t my best month. I would prefer not ending the year with a zero-sales month, but 2019 has been much better than 2018, so I guess I shouldn’t complain too much.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, Envato really needs to work on their marketing strategies. They could start by removing false Elements advertising from Audiojungle, which continously misleads clients, generating unnecessary confusion that damages the market for everyone:

https://forums.envato.com/t/joined-elements-but-still-had-to-pay-for-music/274514

4 Likes

Oh, I believe their strategies are working just fine, my friend.

7 Likes

Yup, hook, line, and sinker.

2 Likes

December is dead for me + i got basically 0 views on new tracks :sleepy:

3 Likes

1 sale today. Not a Xmas track. Far from it!

1 Like

My Author Rating decreased by 20 in the last week, which seems to indicate that other authors are doing well, but for me it’s not comforting at all. Not Inspiring!

2 Likes