AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

One sale this month.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy, and you are not wrong my friend… i appreciate your positive spin on this situation we are all in sadly.

I have been working hard to try different styles (cyberpunk, retro style, electro rock) but to be honest, i don’t feel like working hours on a new style, learning it inside out, buy new software for it, only to dump into a pit full of cheap tracks, copycats and template grinders… to be never seen again.
Hell, i even bought a korg minilogue XD and a Dave Smith OB-6 a few months ago to really get into retro stuff! It was not worth it to be honest… fun mind you! but not worth the investment.

That said, i am not giving up on music, i am now diving very hard into the trailer world to see if there is a future there.

5 Likes

To ask bluntly is sales really fallen for big guys like you? How about your sales every year, every month?

1 Like

Hello @WormwoodMusic ! An alternative platform with a low income, but with a huge number of licenses which acquire every minute (as if ghostly sales, paid once at a ridiculous price), always seems more promising (for someone) :joy:. A huge number of licenses “give charity” (for the author) always looks better than just 1 license = 1 sale = good income! :joy:
It’s really scary that they are still knocking on that door!

2 Likes

Very low number of sales which is super disappointing… Still uploading new items though!
:beer: :four_leaf_clover: :beer:

3 Likes

There are not many ways to survive in my country for people with disabilities, and I hoped that I loved most - music. And until March of this year, everything went well, the beginning will turn out, there was even a period of six months when I thought it would work out. And you were one of those on whom I was equal, I like your work, but it seems there is no hope. 1 sale a month kills me. And if you don’t believe in it, then what should I do …

1 Like

Yes sales have gone down hill steadily i am sad to say.
When ADP arrived, things were actually looking up a bit as i sold quite a bit more then usual but with my own prices.
However, a few months later my portfolio with my still low prices seemed to get kicked into a “upperclass” level, and a few weeks after ADP then there has been a explosion of 5 dollar tracks that honestly, works just as well for a average layman youtuber who just needs some epic track in the background.
These last few months especially i have seen more then 40% decrease in profit per month.
This year the overall loss is about 15% compared to last year, which is a shame as it should be growing instead of declining.

A sad but realistic look at the situation indeed NWJoke.
i am sorry to hear that you can’t seem to make it for now with this market… I do however advice you to carry on and try a different path in music, or try something new for audiojungle.
You just started out and your sales are not bad at all given the current situation.
Keep fighting, just expand your options and don’t hopelessly keep staring at audiojungle… for now.
Perhaps in a few months, we can all report happy sales again.

We can see a trend though through the entire world of music:

It is all slowly shifting and it is quite worrying.

5 Likes

Is it only that this AJ is facing this struggle? Or the whole stock music industry is facing this?

1 Like

This is the worst december since I start here and I had only 10 tracks at that time and made 8 times more that I made till now in december. Totally disapointing. Glad the company are doing great right?!..

1 Like

What a sad read, another example of disgusting short sighted corporate greed. I hope they get enough resistance from composers to revert this.

I think this article have some interesting points why so many companies exploit creative professionals whenever possible: https://www.kqed.org/arts/13857471/artist-passion-exploitation-duke-study

5 Likes

It’s a chilly December, indeed.

2 Likes

None of the months in 2019 came remotely close to approaching sales numbers from the pre-Elements days. Lately, I take small victories where I can find them. I uploaded a new track for the first time in about two months last week. I sold the new track once, and also sold a couple older tracks.

That’s what counts for a “win” in 2019, and I’ll gladly take it.

1 Like

Let me also add this note for exclusive, non-Elements authors.

I edited a video project for a client about three weeks ago. It was a 7-minute video about the 88-year history of the company.

The project didn’t have a huge budget, but in order for the video to be as good as it could be, it needed a lot of different music cues that had to feel like they were from the different decades being represented in the video.

Rather than sign up for Elements and try to do this job without spending anything on music, I searched through the marketplace to find the exact music that I thought would make the video more compelling.

I ended up spending about $480 on music that ultimately cut into the profit I made on the job. But the video turned out really well, and the client loved it.

Your work has value. Don’t forget that. I hate seeing talented authors here talk about wishing they could be included in the Elements author pool and sell their music there for pennies per license.

I took less money on this video project because I knew the success of that video was reliant on having just the perfect music for it. I will make up for the money I sacrificed on this project down the road on another job.

I was happy to pay marketplace rates for quality music.

30 Likes

Your one hell of a good producer.

3 Likes

Thank you, @gballx. I am a producer who has been using AudioJungle for my music needs for many years. I am a bit dismayed at industry trends that seem focused primarily on the health of marketplace companies and less so on that of content creators.

8 Likes

Wow, December came as a nice surprise, easily beating my previous BME, October! I really didn’t expect it!

Thank you, Santa! :slightly_smiling_face:

dec1

17 Likes

Congrats! Now I see where all the sales are gone! Joking :wink: :grinning:

4 Likes

This week started good for me (same as last week). Good luck to all! :wink:

4 Likes

Unexpected rebound in sales also for me these pre-Christmas days. I cross my fingers so that the thing can endure a little more. This year I have had enough months with zero sales.
imagen

14 Likes