AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

At least someone has financial prospects in the jungle. or at least the smallest hope that such prospects will arise.

2 Likes

When you train the marketplace to look else where (Elements) by advertising on authors pages and cart this is the kind of reaction you get from buyers and committed and loyal AJ authors who were not invited to Elements lose out. But that’s business I guess

3 Likes

There is no mystery, you can do nothing or do a lot, but it all depends on how often buyers see you.While you were there (on the main page) with the “featured file”, you were selling and now you are not there and you are not selling. In my opinion, everything is very simple.

3 Likes

He’s talking about the Featured Author spot.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean it ( Featured Author).:slightly_smiling_face: I wrote about his “featured file week”.:grin:

Yes, but there’s definitely a mystery as to why the Featured Author spot doesn’t make any difference to sales, especially now that it’s situated on the Popular Files page (which was once considered to be a coveted space for item exposure).

3 Likes

This is a difficult question. :grin:

1 Like

My featured file had little or nothing to do with my increased sales. It could not be considered a success, having sold exactly 34 licenses total since being featured. That would not account for the steep drop I’m experiencing.

1 Like

Mate, it’s really very sorry to hear that your featured file scored so few sales (34 in total) and had nothing to do with your temporarily increased sales, my condolences. In this case, I can only wish you good luck, the month is not over yet.

What I’m saying is, 8 or so extra sales per month average would not account for the increase in sales that I’m talking about, that’s all. So the huge decrease remains a mystery.

1 Like

Anyone here who is at least a little bit devoted to this craft spends time trying to refine a system for creating great music - both in terms of quality and in terms of creating pieces that buyers are seeking. Equally important is developing an effective method for promoting your work.

By all accounts, ending up on the popular files page would seem to be a goal for most everyone, because gaining exposure to buyers is the holy grail here. There are tons of authors with great music who don’t sell as many tracks because their work doesn’t get heard.

Managing to get prominent placement on the popular files page is no small feat.

It would seem that if @EightBallAudio experienced just his normal amount of sales while appearing on that page, it might be disappointing and make you wonder why the additional exposure didn’t help.

But having a precipitous decline in sales accompany your appearance on that page must be colossally frustrating.

9 Likes

I have no sales for 9 days. But it even motivates me to improve myself…

5 Likes

my october is going to be one of my best months here

last year my october ended with only 1 sales, now i’m at 25 :smiling_imp:

13 Likes

Hello, Hello, check, check, is this thing on?
+22% Google Analytics to last week but no/very slow sales…

5 Likes

Same. A lot of views, but no or very few sales :unamused:

2 Likes

6 Likes

My first sale for October has arrived. Pretty late in the month, but perhaps more will follow. I was getting worried it might end up being a zero kind of month, which I haven’t had so far since 2017.

6 Likes

Dead since Tuesday… And that Banner keeps popping up confusing our customers! :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Hi @promosapien ! You are absolutely right. But there is one point … I think that many authors would be happy if they were in these categories and would not see reason for disappointment (even if they did not have sales for a short time). :wink:

I think if someone is not happy with the categories of the “Featured Author” and the “Featured File of the week”, then you can always share this place with your friend.:smile: And you will not be disappointed with your appearance there and your friend will thank you (joke)!:grin:

8 Likes

I don’t know what you do with your Audiojungle earnings, but I use mine to help pay my mortgage and buy food for my family. My earnings here have been consistent enough over the years that I have come to depend on it as a noticeable percentage of my overall income. What you view as mere “disappointment” is actually a lot more real to me than what you choose to see as some transient, abstract emotion; it is a very real and very unwelcome financial crisis.

Too bad your jealousy and lack of empathy prevent you from seeing that. But based on our previous interactions, it’s really no surprise.

6 Likes